The Ultimate Solution to the Mishandling of Abuse within the bOrg

by Wild_Thing 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I feel like the world needs to wake up and realize that Bethel, the home of the Governing Body in Warwick, New York is the "Vatican" of the Jehovah's Witness world. Their doctrines, edicts, and policies affect every Jehovah's Witness man, woman, and child around the world. I don't feel like the politicians in foreign countries understand this.

If Australia wants change within the Australian Jehovah's Witnesses, it can only come through America. If the Dutch want the Jehovah's Witnesses to change their policies regarding child abuse, ultimately, their fight will have to be taken to New York.

There needs to be a world wide campaign to educate politicians in foreign countries about the structure of Jehovah's Witnesses and their leadership and encourage them to put pressure on Bethel, NY and American politicians.

If change is forced in America, the effect, of course, will be worldwide.

• zeb
    zeb

Wild Thing.

Thank you a thousand times. If every writer here who is in the US were to contact their legislature then perhaps an inquiry would be held in the US.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think with all these other countries having inquiries about child molestation and Watchtower Inc. policies about dealing with child abuse and not reporting it to authorities, will cause the US government to launch it's own investigation eventually.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Very true. You are absolutely right, cut the head of the snake. That head is definitely in Warwick. It used to be in Brooklyn, and it was always in America.

It would absolutely not hurt to get that word out there, and let Leaders in other countries know this, too. It does seem like the many abuses perpetrated by the WTBS are steadily becoming aware to these leaders in countries like Australia, Denmark, England, and the many other parts of the world.

They need to know that change will ONLY happen when the WTBS Popes in Warwick are held accountable, and getting their chains rattled.

Then, of course, we especially need the U.S. government to be aware, first and foremost, so they can launch the biggest investigation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Governments can mandate certain things. So there could be special circumstances due to individual governmental laws that cause things to differ in Australia from anywhere else.

But the only ultimate solution is the admittance of wrong and ending any involvement of children beyond attending with their parents (such as the recruitment work), telling parents and children about what has happened, and always always always treating any accusation of a crime as if it were as serious as murder (because it certainly is that serious to a victim).

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

If this issue somehow rattles Trump's world I bet he would rein down fire and sulfur on Warwick.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There have been exceptions.

The blood ban in Bulgaria, for instance. Watchtower publicly stated witnesses would not be persuaded not to accept blood.

They gave the go-ahead to be allowed to display the national flag in Kingdom Halls in Chile, I believe.

If enough pressure is put on Watchtower Netherlands behind the scenes, they may drop some of the most damaging policies in that country.. Of course as everyone said, if the US government would follow the lead of the aussies and Dutch it could force a change worldwide. Problem is, If you haven't experienced a cult the average person simply cant comprehend the power these men wield.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    I feel like...

Nothing is wrong with education. Make the case.

But why educate politicians? Is it because you want governments to outlaw the WT?

• Londo111
    Londo111

They mislead Bulgaria. Classic theocratic warfare.

I agree with the OP.

It is not up to the local congregation or even the Branch. They cannot "go beyond the things written" by HQ.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    But why educate politicians? Is it because you want governments to outlaw the WT?

Absolutely not. I am against outlawing any religion. I just want them to change their policies regarding child abuse, education, blood, ........

If politicians are educated on the structure of the Watchtower leadership, it will help them understand how to best go about effecting change in their own country. And the only way to have a global impact on change within Jehovah's Witnesses anywhere is to put pressure on HQ in America, OR put pressure on the US government to force change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit