LEAK: 3000 buildings to liquidate. How to choose? (Watchtower propaganda video)

by Fay Dehr 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

https://youtu.be/PZdXEn9RvW0

As the leaked financial meetings show, Watchtower (by it's own admission) has to liquidate 3000+ properties quickly. How do they choose? A video at the 2018 convention tries to silence members from asking "Why should I move to another congregation and be separated from my family and friends?” (What an apostate question to ask!) This leaked propaganda video is their attempt to justify extra travel, extra expense, extra inconvenience…explaining away required compliance as a “donation to Jehovah”, and making you sound selfish and disloyal for simply thinking “Why?”

• blownaway
    blownaway

They really act like their members are total idiots.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I just can't watch that shite anymore, I see right through it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Fay, the linked video is clearly a propaganda piece, but there was nothing in it about selling Kingdom Halls. Do you have a direct link to that info?

On another note, this video does promote the idea of “filling empty seats” via congregation mergers. What happened to trying to do that by proselytizing?

I guess they realize that doesn’t happen much any more! 🤣

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They did mention they were smaller properties so safe to say the majority will be k.h's. In the u.s. they are targeting rural ones where you have an aging congregation of under 60 publisher count

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This video is them trying to justifiy what they are doing.

It's simple, a no brainer in fact, they will first sell off the halls in areas with slow to no growth and slow to no potential for real state values improving.

They will repeat the musical chairs process until.... they reach the desired number of halls and when the music stops and how many halls are left nobody knows.

• LV101
    LV101

Strange -- then why are they building a new one in Vegas? Heard it looks very small but if they need cash why approve of a new anything. LV must be a slush fund for them with lots of growth but I think most all growth for WT is pre-existing JWs moving in.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The watvhtower must be struggleing a bit

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Hi JP1692. The "3000 halls need to be quickly sold" quote is in this video at the 02:35 minute mark: https://youtu.be/mdkBal3UsaI

• LV101
    LV101

Thx, Fay Dehr. This is same as you posted previously? I'll check out regardless. Hope the 3,000 halls are in US!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit