New Zealand Begins Selling Kingdom Halls

by KiwiBoy 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

It would be helpful to have some evidence that publisher numbers have shrunk to 4 or 5 million. Claims are easy to make - let’s face it JW.org makes claims all the time. But some kind of evidence of such a large drop-off is needed.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It's the latest craze in the wt organization. They are playing Monopoly with real property and 'other people's money'! Damn that must be fun!

just saying!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It would be helpful to have some evidence that publisher numbers have shrunk to 4 or 5 million. Claims are easy to make - let’s face it JW.org makes claims all the time. But some kind of evidence of such a large drop-off is needed.

Yes but this would be as silly as expecting Trump to do his own fact checking. Unless there is a way to count members using a method not controlled by the Org, then you will never know. I suspect that they would sooner decide that counting members is no longer necessary, before they would report any real decline.

• steve2
    steve2

Fair enough point redvip2000. However, evidence might be obtained from our local congregations (if we still attend) such as low numbers going out into field service (local congregations tend to be more upfront about low numbers preaching any one month, not covering the same territory as frequently as previously. Also special needs talks that express concern over dwindling door to door activity, etc. I get some of my "inside" information from family members still in which suggests problems with low numbers attending the mid-week meeting.

• belogical
    belogical

With Covid our cong of 120 has between 40 and 60 attendees with about 20 with their screens turned off so its log on go watch tv and log off

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

belogical- what area are you in. Just be general. PM me if you don’t want to post on here.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    With Covid our cong of 120 has between 40 and 60 attendees with about 20 with their screens turned off

Are these the total attendees, or the number of screens on zoom? as multiple people attend through one zoom link.

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

Jehovah's Real Estate and Development business has done well in recent years

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The end is so close, you can smell it.
    Not the end of "this system of things" but the end of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It will drag on, but not as long as they have dragged along since 1914. They will fall apart one day in the future.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Locally they ask families to use one feed, so the 60 or so equals 120 to 140 people. i guess 2/3 to 3/4 are blanked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit