Yearly Donations down? 2.4 billion for the 2015/16 financial year

by Diogenesister 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So people keep saying watchtowsr is in a financial mess. I think we can all accept that numbers are stagnating at best and going down year on year in the north / western countries and Japan.

However the recent finance dept leeks confirmed that following the may 2015 broadcast requesting more donations, an extra 30 million was sent in for the months of July/August. Stephen Lett stated that this figure equated to a 30% increase.

Lloyd Evans has used this figure to work out how much is donated on a yearly basis worldwide. It works at to be around $26.7 million per branch. Since we know the UK branch, one of the wealthier regions, donated $60.88 million, this figure sounds about right taking in to consideration the African branches etc

The full out working is given at 50.37 mins on the videohttps://youtu.be/9r-4ToC8_fA

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you for posting this. Lloyd did a great job framing this issue.

Some have made the comment that they received a billion $ from the sale of the Brooklyn Heights property.

This is true, however, an organization needs to think about this investment capital from operating cash flow. I see the unspoken theme is that they have a major issue with operating cash.

Yes, they can spend capital funding on operations, but once that is gone, the party is over. I think the GB has discovered that it is very easy to spend money and much harder to collect money - and they are scared.

Just my random thoughts as a CPA and accounting professor...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And still more than they deserve. Their yearly donations are still way more than joke-hova or its organization deserve.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

True, spending money is always easier than getting it. The GB has thought that the money flow would never stop. Oops.

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for the link -- great info.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sure their risk management consultants have advised that they reserve a few hundreds of million $ for pending litigation. Never forget the impact of their legal issues. Again, the concern is that once they spend their accumulated capital the game is over.

How fast can money be spent? If you recall the story of pets.com, they burned through $100 million in less than 9 months. This is what happens when stupid is in charge.

• LV101
    LV101

WT possibly made 1.5 billion off of Brooklyn properties but like Lloyd says it doesn't matter if they can't manage the financial end.

It would be great if they lost their charitable status -- might just happen in Australia. The video is well worth watching.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There is an expression ''you cant fix stupid''

Sometimes it speaks volumes.

I can remember something about a pet company tearing through untold millions of money in a matter of months.

The Enron scandal also. How a giant company can hit the rocks in a relatively short period of time.

• TheTruthBR
    TheTruthBR

Lloyd Evans? No, thanks.

• Finkelstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit