My First post

by Simple Minds 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome Simple Minds, thanks for posting your experience, so glad you have listened to your inner voice and realised the enormous scam promoted by the WTBTS. Yes they claim to be the only 'really' happy people...that is absurd.

The words in Matthew attributed to Jesus saying "You must be perfect like your heavenly father" must be the worst possible psychological advice ever given. Anyone attempting it is bound to fail or end up in a mental hospital. No wonder so many JWs are on tranquillizers.

I reckon your request for time and space to recover your equilibrium is one that nobody can deny you and you can use the time to relax a bit, read and find your feet again. The trouble is as most of us have found, that as a JW we are not prepared for real life, only for life under the delusional Watchtower hope...so it does take time to readjust, but we get there in the end.

Anyway, well done for escaping and looking forward to hearing more of your story... and never fear the elders.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Might be nice not to allow Simple Minds introductory post to be hijacked by the Organ Grinder's lobotomised monkey.

Just ignore it.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've always enjoyed Simple Minds. My favs include: "Someone, Somewhere, in summertime", "Alive & Kicking", "Belfast Child," and of course being American "Don't you forget about me." They just performed at the MTV VMA's a few months back, but looked really horrid. Molly Ringwald introduced them......but as I said, the lead singer in particular looked really out of sorts.

Welcome!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Epic Classics;

''Don't you forget about me''

''Alive and kicking''

30 years ago. Unfreaking believable.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome.

I am with the poster that said don't put anything in writing. They are never above using anything against you in the future. They are also masters at twisting words and this may set them on a course to hound you to find out if you are apostate.

Just slow down and smell the sweet air of freedom. Find out some things you would like to do; maybe a hobby, or maybe further your education (age does not matter for either). Just get out and enjoy some things with your family away from the meetings.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

stuckinarut25 days ago

Welcome mate!

Another Aussie!

I take it that's the REAL Perth., with an icon like that!

• brandnew
    brandnew

Dude!!!!!! Simple....take a deep breath.....n stuff....

Whoa!!!! I feel ya.....umm take some time like the rest said......and ya know what??? Do what you want.☺

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Half banana - "The words in Matthew attributed to Jesus saying 'You must be perfect like your heavenly father' must be the worst possible psychological advice ever given. Anyone attempting it is bound to fail or end up in a mental hospital..."

I thought it was the Apostle Paul, and that he'd said "you must be perfect as I am perfect"...

Other than that, my sentiments match yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit