What will JJ Abrams and Disney do for Star Wars episode IX?

by LoveUniHateExams 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't care what anyone says about Rogue One...

...as far as I'm concerned, the space battle over the planet Scarif at the end was worth the price of admission alone - and Vader's kick-ass scene lasting about 2 mins at the end ... that was awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rouge one was a good war movie that happened to be a star wars tie in... but my god i lost my mind in the theater during the last scene (SPOILER ALRERT!) when bader lit up his saber...

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I liked Rouge One. A strong female character, imperfections and all. No Mary Sue.

And more importantly, R1 filled in plot hole gaps. It did not contradict the original stories! It didn’t invalidate the entire universe with light speed ramming.

They really forked it up, Disney did. They had it... had it in the palm of their hands, and lost it. It wouldn’t have taken much to please fans. Heck, it would have been fine to kill off the last trilogy’s main characters, even Luke! But just do it in a way that adds to the universe.

For example, instead of starting TFA with some new mysterious Empire that has no connection with the previous plot, start off the movie with a post Empire episode. Luke has his temple, he’s teaching and learning that the Jedi and Sith both have it wrong. Have him come to realization that pure good can be just as evil. Develop Kilo from that perspective. Allow the audience to observe the fall of Kilo to the dark side, unable to find the balance. Let us see Luke use the dark side in some instances, orange eyes and all, and then pull back into the light. Forget Snoke... let the new evil be Kilo only. Not some emo teen Kilo. A true evil developed for the audience, right in front of the audience.

Get Luke to take down an entire star destroyer with the force, pulling it out of the sky. And let Kilo defeat him honestly as his evil spreads.

Then let Rey work for it.

This would have added to the universe and taken the fans into decades of books, spin offs, etc.

They forked it up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LoveUni - "...and Vader's kick-ass scene lasting about 2 mins at the end..."

Oh, yeah.

Wanna hear something funny?

First thing I thought when my kids and I left the theater afterwards was...

..."Now that was a 'Star Wars' prequel."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit