What are the reasons for the the new electronic publisher card

by poopie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
  • amicabl
    amicabl

Is this card on the cards or is this just speculation based on what others are doing?

Or have I missed something here?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

The org is creatong a digital data base wit members names... supposedly. There was a video regarding it posted not long ago. We will have to see how it plays out but its hardly nefarious. This is 2018. As i said on the other topic, my grocery store has more info on me than what the org is proposing.

edit- https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6158537819422720/publisher-id-leaked-video-clip-2-4

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm thinking once they have an electronic card on 80% of the publishers they may request all contribution be made to them and get rid of contribution boxes keeping the diversion of funds from happening by responsible brothers handling contribution with no more printing of expensive literature like book and magazines just very cheap tracts with corporation website address for donations request.

Bible studies should also becoming very rare as the WT moves into the information age futher.

• zeb
    zeb

Some thing about the mark of the beast comes to mind... but as you all have said money and control..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Will such a Card not make moving away and "fading" nigh on impossible ?

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    P.E. Saves paper? I don't see how this could be a trick.

They have been saving paper on time slips for years. It must be 99% that turn their time in via text or phone. People were bragging about it before the iPads were a thing. It was the hip thing to do if you were a publisher or elder. Now it is very rare to have an elder that doesn't take your time via text, and they are getting rid of them. They are letting those elders that don't text off the hook, and other elders are doing that work.

It is definitely a control thing; its gotta be easier to red flag individuals. Algorithms can be set up, and C.O.s can enforce the shepherding calls on such 'weak' ones.

I'm not trying to slam you P.E., I'm just not buying the saving paper reason. At. All. You rock, btw.

Edit: Oh, also, who is going to switch from paper to electric card? The texters will switch from text to on-line, the paper reliant people will need others to fill in the 'electronic' card.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Poopie: What are the reasons for the the new electronic publisher card?
    Please speculate

Morph: Oh you dont have to invite speculation, thats coming

Haha! I will join the speculation.

Having electronic records will no doubt be for various reasons and the most obvious one is that we live in a digital world

However, I have said this before and I will say it again... money/tax is one of the motivators

The org is notorious for implementing structure and behavioral changes globally
    when it is necessary to comply with one or more country's regulations concerning tax and money matters.

The org has been bragging about how they gained "public law status" in Germany. What this means is that the org must give the German tax office a membership list so that each and every member can be assessed for the amount of tax they owe to their church. This membership list is also tied into the banking system so that any capital gains that a church member has can be properly taxed and the bank turns over that tax amount to the appropriate church.

Being a "public law status" church, in Germany, means that having a membership list is mandatory. Support for the church's activities must come from member taxation and/or donations.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Will such a Card not make moving away and "fading" nigh on impossible ?

I doubt there will be too much change. As it is now, a fader's Pub Rec Card sits in the back of the Cong PRC Box (in the "inactive" file at the home of the Cong Secretary. When the Eldubs prepare for a CO's visit, the inactive pubs are supposed to be considered and an inactive fader might get a call to "encourage" them to come to the CO's visit.

Once all this goes digital, the data (or lack of it) on the faders inactive record will also be stored at the branch. The Cong might get a "reminder" when someone is about to go inactive, but I can't see much else happening from it.

I do think it will put an end to Pub Rec Cards "disappearing" when pubs move (or pretend to move) and try to arrange for them to get "lost" in the mail, etc. It will put an end to DF pubs resurfacing somewhere else and try to "start over" as new Pubs.

The Borg does not care about saving trees/paper or saving the time of the Cong Eldubs. It would surely have to be more about money (as is everything) and their ability to suck money out of Governments that offer some kind of monetary payment to "charity".

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher

Well, Jesus used electronic publisher cards to keep tract of his big organization from his retirement home in New York, right? 🤔🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit