What Is The Most Effective Brainwashing Technique The Society Uses?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

for me the biggest technique used was GUILT .....

I was not doing enough to please Jehovah

I could be stumbling others....oh it just goes on and on and on

Lisa

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating ...

And of course DISFELLOWSHIPING and censor. (maybe not brainwashing techniques, but very effective in keaping the minds closed, information only from one channel, no thinking, no other opinions, no other inputs, no nothing except the divine channel with thier repeating messages repeating messages repeating messages repeating messages repeating messages .....)

• Gerard
    Gerard

The WT discourage independent thinking saying that such thinking are actualy voices of "wicked spirits". This is how they implant phobias to discourage questioning their doctrines and unfulfilled prophecies:

"*** Watchtower 1983 January 15 p.22 Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs ***

Avoid Independent Thinking

20 From the very outset of his rebellion Satan called into question God's way of doing things. He promoted independent thinking. 'You can decide for yourself what is good and bad,' Satan told Eve. 'You don't have to listen to God. He is not really telling you the truth.' (Genesis 3:1-5) To this day, it has been Satan's subtle design to infect God's people with this type of thinking.-2 Timothy 3:1, 13.

21 How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.

22 This fact cannot be overemphasized: We are in a war with superhuman foes, and we constantly need to be aware of this. Satan and his demons are real; they are not mere figments of the imagination. They are "the world rulers of this darkness," and we have a spiritual fight against them. (Ephesians 6:12) It is absolutely vital that we recognize their subtle designs and not allow ourselves to be overreached by them. Very appropriately, then, we will next consider how we can arm ourselves to fight against these wicked spirits.

And:

"True, many may scoff at the idea that this world is ruled by wicked spirits. But their disbelief is not surprising, since the Bible says: "Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14) His most clever deception has been in blinding many to the fact that he and his demons really exist. But do not be deceived! The Devil and his demons are real, and you need to resist them continually.—1 Peter 5:8, 9."

Once the new recruits accept the idea that the Watch Tower is a "direct channel" of communication to God, they are told to accept every word coming from the headquarters located in Brooklin, NY. Questioning the doctrine or breaking any of its rules is equated to doubting the word of God himself and it is often severely punished by disfellowshiping (expulsion), which means this person must be shunned and ostracized by his/her own relatives and friends. Preventing independent thinking trough fear and guilt is a very effective thought-stoping process which allows the indoctrination process to implant more phobias and further the individual's need to belong and seek "shelter" under the mother organization, the Watch Tower.

In summary: They make believe gremlins and devils hide practicaly under your bed. Fear is their weapon of choice.

• Francois
    Francois

All us torturers know that the primary motivation is plain old, garden variety

FEAR

francois

• Francois
    Francois

Notice that no one at the WTBTS has given any thought whatsoever to the fact that at Pentecost, the Helper, The Spirit of Truth, The Cosmic Mind, was poured out upon ALL FLESH, and that no person of normal mind could ever be even approached by demons (if The Master had left any on this planet, which he didn't) ever again.

But again, the WTBTS has re- and mis-interpreted and twisted the facts to say that you had to be one of the 120 in the upper room to receive the Spirit. God doesn't behave that way, as any Spirit-led person knows. The Spirit was poured out upon all flesh and has continued to be poured out upon ALL flesh ever since. How could it be otherwise when in Romans it is clearly stated that All who are led by the spirit of God are the children of God? I take it that ALL means, um, ALL. As in you and I and everyone else.

In order for their interpretation to be factual, God would have to be a respecter of persons, or groups of persons, and we've been taught by the Spirit that this is NOT so.

• minimus
    minimus

"God doesn't behave that way, as any spirit-led person knows"---------Francois, do you say this because you know???

• Mary
    Mary

I would say their best tool is their convincing everyone that Jehovah appointed THEM as the F&DSC in 1919. As long as the rank and file Witness are convinced that these men have a direct link to Jehovah and/or Jesus, then everything else in the Organization, from false prophecies to pedophiles can be explained away with catchy fraises such as:

"The light keeps getting brighter"

"Just wait on Jehovah"

"I said "Just wait on Jehovah! Are you deaf?!"

"Jehovah has revealed to his Faithful Slave Class......"

"He was running ahead of the Organization" (to someone who could interpret the bible a hell of a lot better than the morons at Brooklyn)

"If I have to tell you to Wait on Jehovah just one more time, I'll have your ass out of the congregation so fast yer head'll spin!!"

• minimus
    minimus

The beauty of claiming that the "faithful & discreet slave" said this or that, is, that nobody can hold that "slave" responsible for anything they say. Who REALLY is that slave? Even the defintion makes no sense! You can't question the slave, either......They are sharp!

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Disfellowshipping, shunning and more shunning

• Satanus
    Satanus

For kids, fear is the most effective brainwashing. Jw parents can get their own kids, and even others' kids w fear. It can work on kids as young as 5 yrs old.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit