What really happened around 1918 when WT leaders were imprisoned?

by dubstepped 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Marked

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx again Wild Thing, & TerryWalstrom.... there's nothing like a newspaper and info direct from the era!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I recall a Society publication (Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose [?]) stating that our "dear Brother Rutherford" suffered a bout of pneumonia while in prison and, upon release from prison, was urged by the brothers to spend time in the healthful climate of southern California.

Terry would know . . .

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think it was because he was drinking heavily that Knorr and Franz were happy that he was no longer at New York but far away in some nice house on the opposite coast where the weather is good practically all year. Rutherford was also know for his tirades I'm sure many were glad to see him go but would never put that in print. That way he'd would open his home for all the return princes to rule the earth so they would have a nice place to stay before the hostile take over of the earth by Jehoower.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Knorr and Franz were happy that he was no longer at New York but far away in some nice house on the opposite coast where the weather is good practically all year. -- Brokeback Watchtower

Thanks, BW:

That's exactly what I read, come to think of it, in The Four Presidents, by Edmund Gruss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit