Is there really any universal issue of Sovereignty?

by Linda14 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Edenone this is why I’m PIMA

one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god. : a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something. political agnostics.

I am unwilling to commit to either intelligence or chance as to the origin of the universe, until evidence is overwhelming.

At the moment there still is no overwhelming evidence of the theory of evolution.

If this theory was true there real should be overwhelming evidence that is easy to understand and not the bullshit baffled brains techniques

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

ExBethelitenow, here's what's working for me now (doesn't mean it won't evolve, but I have found a comfortable space here):

I'm simultaneously Atheist, Agnostic, Apatheist, and Christian. I'll explain:

Atheist because I don't see enough convincing evidence of the existence of deities, including the Judaic-Christian god; on the contrary, evolution points towards the opposite.

Agnostic because, even if a deity existed, I am persuaded that it would be unknowable by me, either because absent, distant, existing on some other plain of existence, not interested in me, different shape and form etc etc.

Apatheist because I became apathetic to the idea of an interventionist god. If the god of the Bible exists, he's a horrible person, ethically abhorrent and I want nothing to do with it.

Finally, Christian because I can't deny the set of basis moral tenets that I grew up with. As a philosophy, there are worse choices than Christianity, even if it hardly reflects what the historical rabbi Jesus might have taught. These principles shaped me and made me what I am today and I can't escape that, even if I'm not a believer today.

• carla
    carla

After all these years I still don't get why jw's go on and on and on about sovereignty. If one is already a Christian it is like saying the sky is blue and grass is green, what's your point? It is obvious. No need for article upon article about it, move on. Shall we discuss at length how green grass is? at some point either you clearly understand that in general grass is indeed green.

If one does not believe in God, an Intelligent Designer or whatever name you want to use, then there is no point to be made until you first get them to believe in God.

I had many discussions with my jw years back and said basically the same thing as above. He had no answer as to why he kept going on about it and got the deer in the headlights if pressed about it. I think the wt just has people regurgitate ad nauseam because they somehow think it is a 'deep' issue.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

In this case, God can't handle a bully and puts his children in danger to prove a point. Not aa good parent or God to his children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit