If they go bankrupt, so what?

by maksutov 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ OrphanCrow...

Okay, maybe it was an oversimplification, but then, I never actually said that I thought they would go bankrupt.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I didn't do it, Vidiot!

Not me.... ;p

Lol!

• Scully
    Scully
    The only so-called "financial crisis" they have is of their own making. Ignoring victims of child sexual abuse and protecting predators is costing them, big time.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

As for the builders’ economic concerns, Haggai conveyed this message: “‘The silver is mine, and the gold is mine,’ is the utterance of Jehovah of armies.” (Haggai 2:7-9) Within five years after Haggai spoke those stirring words, the project was completed.—Ezra 6:13-15.

Haggai’s words have also motivated God’s servants in more recent times during large projects related to the worship of Jehovah.

In 1879 when the faithful and discreet slave class began publishing this journal, then called Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence, it contained the following statement:

“‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

Jehovah’s Witnesses undertake many projects that have the same objective that The Watchtower has—that of exalting Jehovah as Sovereign Lord of the universe and announcing the good news of his Kingdom. (Matthew 24:14; Revelation 4:11)

The conviction of the Witnesses today is like that voiced by this journal in 1879. They believe that God is backing their work and that funds will be available for projects that have his blessing.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007804

If they were to run out of funds for an ongoing building project/s, at some point in the future, what will that indicate to thinking JW's..?

• Sabin
    Sabin
    It doesn't matter if they do or don't, the ones at the top will do just fine the ones at the bottom will continue to suffer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit