Jamaican news - ‘SHUNNING’: A Cult-Like Practice Of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by defender of truth 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Defender of the truth. Sorry to deviate from the topic or if this is a silly question. But are you pro / against Wt. Why I ask this question is just your name DotT. I remember a while back (and sorry I can't quite remember) there was a person who either had the exact same or slightly different name to you, and he was very pro Wt. Just wondering? Thanks.
  • Sabin
    Sabin

Defender of the truth, i love your passion, it rocks my socks. . Thanks for the research.

• possum
    possum
    Defender of truth...thankyou....knowledge is power!
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Why can't something like this hit the USA?
  • cha ching
    cha ching

I liked this quote:

"One such group is Jehovah's Witnesses, according to cult expert and counsellor, Raphael Aron, director of cult consulting in Australia, and author of Cults Too Good To Be True. (Harper Collins, Australia 1989); and Cults, Terror and Mind Control. (Bay Tree Publications, California 2007).

Particularly interested in 'shunning', a practice that devalues, humiliates and disfellowships members from their organisation"

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

joe134cd - Am I pro Watchtower?

It is a bit of a silly question, but never mind ;)

Would I be posting an article like this, even assuming you haven't felt like reading any of my other topics I started?

I did come on here defending the Watchtower 2 years ago:

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/275576/active-jws-can-you-defend-truth?size=10&page=3

But people change. ;)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Irie!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yup was a silly question. My apologies
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...somehow, this religion is given a free pass, slipping under our radar with abandon..."

It's amazing how much you can get away with when you make an effort to appear outwardly respectable.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Sent to my wife, she said she read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit