Jesus foretold corruption of scriptures (rather than apostasy of Christendom)

by iconoclastic 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

JWs apply the fulfillment of what Jesus fold in Mathew 13:24-30 in what they call the great apostasy of Christendom. Here Jesus was speaking in “parable,” hence application should be made in its essence. Jesus sowed “the seed” (which means he preached the truth), later when it was compiled, selfish writers sowed “weeds” (interpolated their own ideas), and it became one book where on cannot distinguish what is good seed and weed. To mention a few:

1) Jesus respected woman, and appointed them to convey good news to men. (John 4:7-42; 20:17) whereas later writers added things such as woman should not teach in the church and so on (1 Tim 2:12); should put cover their head while praying (1 Cor 11:5, 6)

2) Jesus put no restriction on greeting anybody, but weed was added to the Bible (you should not greet those who left the Christian teaching—2 John 10)

3) Jesus said : “your Father knows what you need even before you ask him” (Mathew 6:8) which leaves no necessity of reminding God about our needs. Yet later writers added a prayer, that too, which makes no sense:

= “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name [No one can make His name unholy, and His name is always holy—Revelation 4:8]
    = Let your kingdom come [His kingdom is not going to come just because we say: Let it come]
    = your will be done on earth as it is in heaven [everything that happens is His will, because one thing leads to the other—Galatians 6:7]
    = Give us today our daily bread [seed becoming fruit-bearing tree which produces seed is an eternal cycle which works whether we ask or not, whether we exist here or not]
    = And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors [God to take lessons from puny humans? Impossible]
    = And lead us not into temptation [God does not lead anyone into temptation]but deliver us from the evil one [evil one is each one’s own egoistic tendencies, hence one can easily put an end to them if he resolves. If evil one is here meant Satan the Devil, such one cannot exist—if he exists, what prevents him from putting his hands on the nuclear arsenals and from destroy the people]

Thus later writers made the scriptures ineffective (like drinking dope and tonic together), and this was not prevented by God which means God expects people to follow their conscience!

Also, this explains why God was never interested in safeguarding the originals!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello, Icon. how are you today?

The JW cult claim lots of weird things.........usually to big themselves up. In reality it has become increasingly obvious that the WBT$ is just a scam of a cult that exists to get the leaders money, the right to abuse others and power. The GB enjoy their lifestyle and will tell any lie or hurt any person for their own ends.

• millie210
    millie210

I love this thought Icon and it explains a lot of what is truly wrong in the modern day religion called "JWs".

I have a question though, if one was going to use this line of reasoning the inevitable rebuttal is going to be "All scripture is inspired and beneficial...."

So what are your thoughts in that regard?

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Look up Arne Jordly's Koine Greek to English translations with commentaries. I don't agree with everything 100% but it's worthwhile reading and very educational. He typically compares NWT NIV KJ to his own as well as the original Koine Greek works used. I think he relied on Strong's works to a degree to put all this together, quite impressive !

http://www.churchofgodandchrist.com/

His publications are a good starting point for me to further my Bible knowledge. I have his complete collection on order from the printers in NJ and he is pleasant to deal with. Has spent 25 years on this project so far and is not a sect or anything, his intentions are simply to help people get a better grasp of scripture without any organizational slant or agenda.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Given what we've seen from history, predicting the corruption of your religion is about as "prophetic" as the weather guy telling you that "it'll rain some time in the next decade".
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

There are many interpolated verses in the Bible but scholars always have a reason to back up their assertion that they are interpolated. Do you have a scholarly argument to prove your assertions? Those arguments usually involve finding a manuscript that does not have the scripture in question while another manuscript one does.

It seems that you just want to pick and choose scriptures that you don't want to believe in.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    This just proves to me that anyone can come up with any kind of explanation of any Bible verse or story or parable.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You probably mean well and I can't knock you for trying, Iconoclastic.

However, experience of the WTS has exhausted any good-natured open-mindedness I once had.

I won't believe in any doctrine until God/Jesus himself turns up and affirms it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I once speculated on the reason Jesus never condemned slavery. It goes like this........ he did condemn it however wealthy followers being dependent on their slaves didn't add it into the first written records.

Wealthy Slave owner to scribe "I can tolerate that the meek will inherit the earth.......but no slaves? That's just going too far!"

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    millie210,

I was hinting at a direction. If you use this line of reasoning, you will find that more things are interpolation and a very few things are real. Interestingly, we do not need any manuscripts support, because greatest exponent of this type of reasoning is none other than prophet Jeremiah himself: “when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices….the law of the Lord, actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely”—Jeremiah 7:22; 8:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit