Frightening news brings Armageddon blues

by Derrick 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

George Bush's administration and The Government is at it again, warning Americans to buy among other things sheets of plastic and duct tape, select a panic room in the home, and seal every orifice to prevent biological, chemical or radioactive agents from seeping through any cracks.

Nevermind that those successful enough to seal a room completely air-tight will suffocate long before they become deceased from airborne agents of warfare.

How many of you are concerned the ugly turn of events worldwide portends the Great Tribulation leading to Armageddon?

Also, if you are busy sealing the interior of your home in an attempt to survive, or know someone who is, please share your experiences.

Derrick

Edited by - Derrick on 13 February 2003 8:32:12

• Francois
    Francois

I am not thus concerned as you describe it. Since I was a small boy, I have heard all manner of things described as portending Armageddon.

Aren't you aware that Armageddon in nothing more than the "bogey man," used by a failed religous cult in order to keep its "adherents" in line? But to what to they adhere? I suggest it is fear of the bogey man, whipped up by the WTBTS over the last 100 and more years, certainly not love, as The Master would have had it.

I would be too ashamed to admit fear of this bogey man, when the spirit of the Father dwells inside my own mind, there to witness this craven fear of a modern-day Judas Iscariot. But one should expect such cowardice from them, or from anyone, when love finally dies.

Armageddon? Raspberries to Armageddon and to that organization of Pharisees, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that fans such flames. Don't fear them. False prophets is what they are.

francois

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    How many of you are concerned the ugly turn of events worldwide portends the Great Tribulation leading to Armageddon?

Probably the same number that thought for sure after Pearl Harbor we were heading for the GT -

Derrick - the United States is only just touching on many of the fears & realities of life that most European countries have always dealt with......

• heathen
    heathen

Americans seem to be so gullible when it comes to this kind of stuff. This is the kind of paranoia that leads to all kinds of cheezy security measures . I am surprised that the gas mask industry isn't # 1 on the stock exchange . I just can't believe it ,that would be like telling school kids that hiding under a desk during a nuclear blast will ensure safety . ROTFLMAO

• gumby
    gumby

warning Americans to buy among other things sheets of plastic and duct tape, select a panic room in the home, and seal every orifice to prevent biological, chemical or radioactive agents from seeping through any cracks

...( side point )So they are going over to flip the switch to release terrorism in our town eh? .......

If to a Jehovah's Witness this is the begining of the Great Tribulation, then they would not need sheets or duck tape or to store food. This is where Jehovah steps in......remember? "You will not NEED to fight in this instance" as Jehovah told his frightful servant.

I would like to know how a dub could connect this current world scene with Armaggedon anyway.

According to them........the political beast is to turn on religion and dash them to pieces, Peace and Security" must be cried out by the beast, Then the beast turns on Jehovah's people and he reacts as if they touched his eye.

How are all these events going to happen in this scheme?

We await the Faithful and Discreet Slave to feed us starving sheep on this all important matter. Remember....."Jehovah doesn't do a single thing".....without FIRST ...revealing it to his "Holy Ones".

Gumby

Edited by - Gumby on 13 February 2003 8:54:59

• r51785
    r51785

I'm sure you are aware that the great tribulation started in 1914 with the beginning of the Great War in August of that year. Or so the Watchtower taught until 1969.

Probably the same number that thought for sure after Pearl Harbor we were heading for the GT

No Pettgrudger I think that all true Christians in Dec 1941 recognized that Pearl Harbor did not mark the beginning of the Great Tribulation but merely its resumption, it having been cut short by the armistice of Nov 11, 1918. Of course they were wrong. The Great Tribulation didn't really begin until 1975.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Things may not be as comfy-cozy for America these days, but people all over the world have had it a lot worse for many years, and so I try to refrain from suddenly thinking that things are really "worse". They may be worse for some of us, but I think a lot of it is just a matter of perspective.

• Gerard
    Gerard

America has been an "island" for a while. But now technology has made it possible to get hit somehow. What you are experiencing is what all other European and Asian nations have been dealing with for centuries.

Forget Armageddon. Destruction, if any, will be man-made And there will be survivors. I do not know how or when a 3rd. World war will begin, but if there is a "fourth", it will be dealt with rocks and sticks.

It is obvious multiple fronts will be fought in a matter of months. Military draft will be called. And ironically, what I am concerned about is not Sadam or Bin Laden, but your regular North-American citizens in panic, they have a nasty habit of transforming into mobs and indulge in loothing. Food, water, a Glock 9mm and a pump-action shutgun should do in a pinch.

In the mean time, I wish I could buy you a Guinness and make you relax. Life goes on - for most of us.

Gerard

Edited by - Gerard on 13 February 2003 15:24:53

• tdogg
    tdogg

I am scared as hell. I got the duct tape but they were out of plastic sheets. So I am just gonna but a garbage bag over my head and duct tape it tight around my neck.

• MegaDude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit