New GB

by XBEHERE 94 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Nostromo

,Can someone paraphrase what that is all about ? There is no way I could sit and watch an hour and more of that video .

I`m sorry ,I just couldn`t do it.

• waton
    waton
    They're almost certainly not of "this generation" via the over-lapping side hustle.

Diogenesister, It is difficult to peer into the angels' action of Rev.7, where they "seal" or anoint the prospective GB members. Traditionally anointing happens at baptism,( Jesus, Cornelius) although most will not be inclined to also start partaking of communion then.

All generations, however defined, anointed or wicked, run consecutively anyway. A partaker could become an anointed later , as were the original 11. On age alone they overlapped with the Frantzes of this world.

The anointed generation is academic anyway. wt says they will pass away to heaven at the outset of the Great Tribulation, to fight as immortals at Armageddon.

Jesus disagreed.preemptively,

He said the generation would pass away after all these things have occurred, have happened, Armageddon included.

The wt anointed generation of 1914 needs a re-generation. badly.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

anonymous said "the Bible makes clear that for salvation you need to partake of the flesh and blood of Christ. It’s a cornerstone of the Christian faith for most denominations. John 6:53–57 - it’s a command from Jesus himself."

"Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves.u 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrectv him on the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will live because of me."

People rejected Jesus' sayings because they thought he was referring to his literal flesh and blood, which was against the Law. But he was referring to putting faith in himself as the sacrifice. The last supper was just a symbol of that but it does not mean that one has to eat bread and drink wine on a particular day.

Jesus does not give commands.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Smiddy3, that video is a secretly recorded judicial committee meeting and yeah, it's pretty annoying to listen to.

But at 1:21:47 there is an interesting detail. One the elders in the "committee" had served in the headquarters (must be quite recently because he clearly isn't that old) and he told how he knew all the GB members and had talked with them about many things.

He had also asked them about the "new light" and how that process works. According to him this is what happens if some GB member suggests that some biblical understanding should be changed:

"Even if one member votes against it, they don't make the announcement, they table it, they wait. Sometimes a new understanding will be on the table for months or years until the entire GB sees and agrees as a body that this is obvious at this point, this is what Jehovah is directing."

So if this is true, we can forget about the old 2/3 majority Ray Franz talks about in his book. Apparently that system has been rejected at some point and now just 1 member can block a change if he doesn't agree with it..

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Maybe the GB needs some help from the Spice Girls and their 'next generation commercials from the 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sry0XhET3oc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit