Come and PICK UP your *^%(&%^ Magazines!

by LovesDubs 7 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Can somebody explain how that whole new ARRANGEMENT of having to go to the HALL to get your magazines now is working? Is that only for JWs with subscriptions or does the PUBLIC have to come to the hall for their magazines now? Was anybody else like me who had STACKS of magazines that kept comin and comin and comin and never even took them out of the wrappers?? But didnt throw them away either because of guilt? Or their potential for "older issue" use? LOL

• Gopher
    Gopher

The subscription arrangement is a thing of the past. You either have to visit the *^%(&%^ Kingdom Hall to get a magazine (for research purposes, of course), or you have to have a JW calling on you -- if you're "lucky" enough to be on their magazine route then you don't have to visit the *^%(&%^ Kingdom Hall !!

My stacks of magazines were those I ordered at the magazine counter but never placed. I regularly opened and read my subscription copies, because I truly believed at the time they were a blessing from Jehovah!

Edited to add: Oh yeah, you can get magazines from JW's doing zealous streetwork (if they do so in your area), or you can pick them up in laundromats and telephone booths.

Edited by - Gopher on 11 February 2003 13:48:27

• scumrat
    scumrat

I get mine at the *^%(&%^ Laundromat !!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

The waste of paper in the form of unused and unopened Watchtower and Awake! magazines is colossal. I would venture to guess that the vast proportion of all those published wind up trashed or recycled

• dottie
    dottie

My sister & I were wondering the other day how good the watchtower would be for rolling papers??? Slow-burning...or maybe a bit bitter tasting...LOL

Dottie

• metatron
    metatron

At my old hall, we had CASES of those brightly colored books lying around in storage
    (Grand Purpose/Survival whatever). Nobody could unload them on the public ,as years passed.

It caused me to wonder why they insisted on 'selling' such dated - and inaccurate -
    material to the public ( ya wanna see some 6,000 year chronology? - "any older publication"
    in the Kingdom Ministry)

I should have questioned it more - and realized what cheap bastards they are.
    Anything for a buck

metatron

• Dia
    Dia

I've been asking and wondering where the WTS gets its' money.

I'm betting that the JWs are all just intimidated into shelling out dough each month (or each week or each meeting, whatever) to buy magazines that they never place and little by little, the WTS just nickels and dimes the guilty JWs out of every penny. On a regular basis. For years and years on end.

Which then builds the WT's shameful fortune.

Might you agree?

• out4good3
    out4good3
    My sister & I were wondering the other day how good the watchtower would be for rolling papers??? Slow-burning...or maybe a bit bitter tasting...LOL

That cheap ink will probably get you higher than anything you can roll up in the paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit