Morning all! Just here to say hi and join in the discussion

by park ave boy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• park ave boy
    park ave boy

I'm happy to join every ex-JW.borg site I can and support in whatever way I can. I now regularly donate to these sites when available. I'm bitter but I don't hate JWs because they were brainwashed like we all were. After seeing the transformation of my parents from holier than thou homophobic demons while JWs into accepting and non-judgmental loving parents after they woke up and left the ranks I am now convinced that the JW.borg is a dangerous cult. You can't see it while you are in the inside but if you step outside for one moment your eyes are opened.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Good morning.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Welcome to the board!

The Truth Will Set You Free

ttwsyf

• park ave boy
    park ave boy

Thank you. What do you see happening on the inside now? I have been away and disconnected for about 6 months but I am hearing from a close friend that many diehard JWs are closing their ears to the child abuse scandals. They know about it but don't want to accept it. Is this what you are hearing?

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Welcome !
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I don;t know. I am here because of family members in the borg. I get info on what's going on in JW land from sites like this one. Some here are still in working out their faith with fear and trembling, others are waiting, others are not sure. One thing for sure is that the WTS is very good at fear and manipulation, so it is difficult for the members to break free. Congratulations to you for making an informed decision! Life is a journey and God never intended for a small group controlling another group. People cannot see when they are inside. People in the borg will say 'look at the fruits'. Well, there are no fruits. No JW anywhere can tell of a true JW fruit because it is not there at all.

just saying, cause it;s true

• park ave boy
    park ave boy
    TTWSYF Yor're right. Thank you. I'm amazed at how much control this cult has over its members. We must work on them one by one and help them get out and break free!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome to the forum, park ave boy.

TBH, I haven't set foot in a KH for nearly nine years and I've had only fleeting conversations with JWs in the street.

Any info you and others can post about how JWs react to/ignore the child abuse issue will be eagerly read by me.

• cognac
    cognac
    Hey Park! Welcome to the forum!!!
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Welcome!

Can only speak for germany: nobody know about it. Even most of the elders don't know. I try to spread it, but it's hard.

Some don't belive it, some say maybe it happened but most of them lie, trust in god and so on. Last reaction from an elder: where you catch the information? How did it affect your belive in the truth?

Crazy, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit