Why I DON'T Fear The Future - A Conversation With My JW Mum

by Divergent 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Alostpuppydog:

His response: of course it makes perfect sense! Satan wants to mislead you away from the organization.

My response: Is Satan more powerful than God?

Expected reply: Definitely not!

My response: Well, if Satan can mislead me AFTER I specifically prayed to God asking him to convince me BEYOND DOUBT if JW's have the truth, then I can come to either one of two conclusions: 1. Satan is more powerful than God, OR 2. JW's are not the true religion and do not have God's backing, this is why God is NOT convincing me beyond doubt that JW's have the truth!

Which of the above makes more sense to you?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That's a great way of putting things under perspective. I hope it keeps helping you.

However, as right as you might be, I'd suggest to be sensitive and don't constantly bombard your mom with your doubts. You may hurt her. Reinforce your love for her, just to be on the safe side.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A typical JW response ?

You dont have enough faith ,you cant expect God to answer your prayers if you lack faith.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Well done Divergent. This religion doesn't have any faith in their God to convince people of his existence or apparently in his ability to rid his organisation of paedophiles. Half of JWs seem to be atheists who believe in Satan. They only ever have stories about what demons can do, their God seems to be on a very long lunch break.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "...At the end of our conversation one of them said "I will pray for you." as obviously, I wasn't a believer..."

:smirk:

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ Vidiot.

Yeah, they use their fall backs of 'you don't have enough faith' and 'I'll pray for you' which both mean absolutely bupkis. They're meant to kill the conversation.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

By having the desire to be convinced of anything, you increase the likelihood of drawing incorrect conclusions. You certainly would be biased towards the prefered conclusion.

E.g. If I want to believe that my partner isn't cheating, I will be unable to see the evidence, even if its staring me in the eye.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Mom, I prayed on my knees for many days, asking god to guide me to the right religion"

"How did that go son ?"

" On the last day the Mormons called on me ".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit