Galling Meeting Today! Truly Nauseating!

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

First scripture used by the public speaker was Jeremiah 31:34 - "“And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, ‘KNOW Jehovah!’ for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,” is the utterance of Jehovah. “For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more.

Immediately, I was distracted. I started asking myself quietly...

• How long is your name kept on the specialized shepherding list if you are DF, DA, or publicly reproved?
    • How much time has to lapse from DA / DF before you can be considered for regular pioneering, RBC, etc?
    • To be considered as a volunteer at Bethel or on an international project, why do they ask you if you've been reinstated by a judcial committee within dthe last five years?
    So this scripture got me off to a really bad start in this meeting. Bit of a theory-practice gap I was thinking to myself. Honouring God with "their lips" - no heart in it, only rules.

Then the WT study made it even worse. Paragraph 9 stated: "Humbly acknowledge your limitations and admit your mistakes". How can they print and recommend that to others when they do not practice it themselves. Their strategy is denial, denial, denial. I imagined myself on a flight and reaching out to the seat in front to retreive the vomit bag. What an almighty cheek for those authors to print such a suggestion when they flout it themselves! I asked myself, who are they to write these articles on parenting? Just more Peter Principle on their part! The quality of talks and WT "studies" will engender the irregular and non-attendance which they are trying to assuage!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SSDD

Same Sh!t - Different Day

Doc

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Why do you still go to meetings? Family?
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Oh shame - had a long lie and missed these gems!
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Yes nicolaou - family is the only rationale for my continuance. I am shunned to an extent as I'm no longer "exemplary" an can cope with that. However, I won't totally desist from attending meetings until family become conscious too. The video shown last year about the Philippines' typoon gave rise to some questions on the part of family as has the Australian commission of enquiry. But there's a long way to go as yet.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Then the WT study made it even worse. Paragraph 9 stated: "Humbly acknowledge your limitations and admit your mistakes".
    Nice point! Never thought of that as we were going through that study in the magazine yesterday. How nice would it be to gather a few points learned here and on other sites and show the brothers how the society never truly admits error on their part.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Basically, anything can be forgiven if people are willing to acknowledge their mistakes and try to make amends...do they EVER listen to themselves!!!!??

As the lawyers representing Candice Conti said, at least the Catholic church was willing to say " mea culpa".. but these guys (JWs) Deny,deny,deny...being "belligerent" and " treating their victims as the enemy".

Disgusting.

Ready everyone..1,2,3..Where is the love??

• Magnum
    Magnum

Paragraph 9 stated: "Humbly acknowledge your limitations and admit your mistakes". How can they print and recommend that to others when they do not practice it themselves?

OMG! I second your question: "How can they print that?" For example, have they ever admitted the deception in the Creation book and the Trinity brochure? Have they ever admitted the truth about their association with the UN? Why did they attempt to hide and distort and make unavailable their real history and former doctrine?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    well if they were to read the verse 33, the reader would conclude that Israel was the only people being referred to.
    in fact if you start at the beginning of that chapter it says.

“I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people.”

Id take issue with this, ‘they will no more teach each one his companion...’
    so why are they still teaching, lol
    why don't they just KNOW , isn't the holy spirit supposed to guide you?

yes I agree, what is the example set by the GB?
    not to mention,
    limitations and mistakes are two separate issues, to lump them together like the WT writers do, makes for a lot of low self worth.
    which is why so many older ones who cannot and SHOULD not go door to door,
    [omg most really shouldn't] will feel like ‘sinners’ or slackers,lol, if they cant get out.
    yes,
    admitting mistakes when someone actually makes one, is the crux of the issue.
    Who will be the judge of what is considered a mistake.
    obviously to put too much hot sauce on nannas omelet is a mistake, lol
    but to have a difference of opinion is not.
    the WT [or any religious org] will reason that learning something outside what they teach is being ‘misled’ and is a mistake for their followers,
    but not for them, thats considered ‘new light’ lol
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The CO says that the ORG is made up of imperfect humans. So, you guys should stop picking on every little mistake. The GB never claimed to be perfect, they are just doing their best.

Sure, you may be disappointed because your old now, you may have thought the END was coming sooner, but God can work on your personality as the system continues. Jeehoober knows what's up, and the FDS is THE CHANNEL, I repeat, the FDS is THE CHANNEL.

Other religions are jealous of the WTBTS. The CO says that those other religions have preachers who are doing bad things behind the scenes. The WTBTS obeys Ceasar's laws. Yeah, those others are jealous because they WISH they had 8 Million people who readily obey what "God" says...

Yeah...No SHIT Captain Obvious! Who wouldn't want 8 million watchtarded minions contributing money!! Should I tell the CO that Geoffrey Jackson denied being God's only channel???

DD 😝

ps: Also, Evolution is how life started according to "worldly" scientists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit