The most romantic act ever done for you?

by zenpunk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• D8TA
    D8TA
    Probaly get some great fat chick this year, knowing my luck!!

And what luck you may have! There's nothing more thrilling and exciting as a full figured woman.

Don't let the pop-culture of beer commercials and Vogue magazines blind your heart as to one's physical appearance. Look inside of the individual, you'll see it far surpasses the taste of ones eyes. It's wear the "real gold" lay.

• Francois
    Francois

I have referenced this before months ago, but it's worth repeating. It was the time back in late July, 1977 when Susan McGraw unexpectedly kissed me full on the lips in a dark corner of Houlihan's Old Place in Lenox Mall in Atlanta. We had really just begun. Things were really just getting started. I really believe she was as surprised as I was, given the look on her face.

That events beyond our control at the time prevented our marriage soon thereafter is the saddest, most tragic event in my life bar none, and I will take the pain of it to my grave, as I still grieve after all these years.

If there is indeed a merciful and loving God, she and I will have another chance, some other time, in another life on some other world of time and space. For just this very thing I have been praying each and every night since those tragic times so long ago.

Sorry to wax sadly, but you asked, and I AM a writer after all, and there is nothing quite so romantic in a strange sort of way as the unrequited aspect of losing the Love of Your Life.

frank tyrrell

• Solace
    Solace

The most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me is,

loved me...

• musky
    musky
    Don't let the pop-culture of beer commercials and Vogue magazines blind your heart as to one's physical appearance. Look inside of the individual, you'll see it far surpasses the taste of ones eyes. It's wear the "real gold" lay.

I could not have said it better myself.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Being almost married 18 years,,,,( Feb. 16) , there are just too many things that my husband has done for me to remember the most outstanding.

One of the most romantic times I had lately was on New Years Eve, at the dance club. At the stroke of midnight , looking at him and he at me, it just felt the same that it did all those years ago that we met.

TheDJ played Tiny Dancer by Elton John, which was a big surprize,,,and there were balloons, horns, confetti, drinks, the lights were just right, it was a perfect moment in time. I felt with him like I was still 18 , and for those few moments durning that song, there was nothing eles on my mind at all, but him.

He does all kinds of the little things everyday that makes me smile. One time when he was gone to work in Amarillo, he decided on his way home to bring me a special treat. It wasnt chocolate or diamonds, it was even better,,,,,,,,, it was a big container of Robertson's brand beef jerky,,,,, that I adore .... you can only find it at Love's truck stops, we don't have them here in Louisiana. Now that is love!!!!!!!!

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

I have only been seeing my man for a short time but I just know that he is the one. He has made my eyes well up with sheer joy with some of things he does for me.

One time he was working in the city (were I live, he lives about 45 mins south of me) and before he left for work he prepared and packed up a picnic dinner including champagne and chilled glasses all in an esky of course, he turned up at my place and we had a wonderful picnic dinner on a hot barmy night.

Another time just recently, I was having a nap as I was not feeling great, and I woke to find a tiny vase next to the bed with sweet wild flowers in it so I would have something beautiful to gaze at when I woke.

He is the most romantic man I've ever met. DUO

• D8TA
    D8TA

Somebody wrote me a Japanese Essay! Somebody wrote me a Japanese Essay! And 2 days before Valentines Day!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder Rider is very romantic just last night I was typing my papers for school he took my Rasberry lotion and sat on the end of the bed. I said 'are your hands chapped hun" he said no I thought you could use a foot massage! That was just so sweet but alas that is not my story.

The funniest and one of the many romantic things he has done in almost 19 years, was the day I asked him to pick up efferdent for my retainers(there will be NO COMMENT from the forum on my retainers capeesh I like my teeth straight) Well, anyways that night I asked him did you get my efferdent he said ya, I didn't turn on the hallway light and felt around for the box in the closet. I found it opened it and reached in, there was a velvety feeling box inside and I'm thinking "what the F**** How do they think this will 1) fit dentures 2) hold up with water in it LOL I walked into the bedroom with my hand still in the box and a perpelexed look on my face. Then I pull out the velvety box I realize it's a box from a jewlers and I open it to find diamond earrings. I cried of course and Thunder laughed his ass off because I told him that I thought it had been a denture holder!!!!! He had gone through the trouble to slowly open the box then reseal it so it appeared never to have been touched now that is a romantic guy

I almost forgot we had rented our house for 6years and when we decided to buy it, the day we closed we drove home and he had a shit eatin' grin on his face. I was confused but figured he was happy we bought the house. We drove up the kids and a few neighbors were in the yard and my lil house had a HUGE HUGE Bow and Ribbon ALLL THE WAY AROUND THE HOUSE, like a big gift box He had drove around all week trying to find one big and long enough LOL The kids had spent hours stapling it to the siding LOL

I could go on and on he has left flowers in my car etc. But you know what the times I remember most are when I had my son at home and he bathed me afterwards and shaved my legs And when I had surgery and he would hold me in the shower, and when I was so sick these last few years. He has done everything short of standing on his head to make me laugh, he cooks he cleans and he is the best friend and lover a girl could ask for. And when he named the character in his novel, Liesh I was sooooo touched because it's my name spelled backwards

edited to add a few more memories

Edited by - SheilaM on 12 February 2003 12:18:32

Edited by - SheilaM on 12 February 2003 12:19:37

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

This is hard. Big Tex has done so many romantic things that they're hard to list and one that I will NOT list because it's very private. The first one was right after we'd met. He worked nights then too, poor darling, and the night before my birthday he left a dozen red roses on my car with the note "to my favorite middle-aged pioneer." And we were both devout JWs too! Then there was the time he sent me a staggeringly huge bouquet of roses at work after I had a major altercation with Human Resources over something that was not my fault. I thought it was a beautiful way to show his support for me. Over the past 20 years there have been many such instances, usually unexpected, that just made me feel really good inside. Last summer we were at my boss' lake house and Jennie wanted to go swimming. She wanted either me or her dad to go in with her. Big Tex hadn't brought his swimsuit because he did NOT want to go swimming. I had, but that was an early time in my recovery and I got frequent panic/anxiety attacks. Well, I had a whopper one sitting on that dock and just couldn't jump in. I was shaking like a leaf, and Jennie was bugging me to go in with her, and I couldn't let go of the dock. My sweetie tenderly told me there was nothing to fear, stood backward at the edge of the dock with his arms out, grinned mischievously at me, . . . and let himself fall in! We all started laughing and that helped me out of my anxiety attack and into the lake. I know that was a big deal for him to do that just to make me feel better and make sure Jennie got to go swimming.

It's reasons like that, that make me love him more each day.

Nina (of the Big-Tex-Fan-Club class)

• Big Tex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit