You tell me, does God give a damn?You tell me , do God give a damn?In one word. . .NO!

by James Mixon 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good OP.

I don't know whether God gives a damn or not - I don't even know if God exists.

What I do know is that governments must be held responsible for the welfare of their citizens.

If, say, 50,000 people are starving in America it's the American government's fault; if 1,000,000 people are starving in India it's the Indian government's fault, etc. It's the duty of elected governments to look after their citizens.

Don't be lazy and blame 'God' ...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Either that or God just likes people whose ancestors are mostly European White Folks the best

Or maybe Third World political leaders have an extraordinarily rare talent for f**king things up

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Interestingly enough, the folks who seemingly would be the most blessed by God - folks in developed countries, are the ones who tend to believe a God does not exist.

On the other hand the folks that are the least blessed - third world countries, are the ones who strongly believe that a deity does exist and cares about them. Ironic..

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

I guess this really depends on perspective. Having money can be a blessing or a curse. Same thing with poverty, some would even consider poverty a blessing. Some religious traditions in the East take vows of poverty because that brings them closer to god, having money is possessions is a distraction.

For most of human history people lived on their own means; growing their own food etc.. So does God care that people are living on less then 3.00 a day? This statement assumes that God cares about financial prosperity in the first place. It also assumes that this life on earth is the fulfillment of Gods purposes.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Saved:"This statement assumes that God cares about financial prosperity", he must

because he ask for 10% of our check. Ant then we must remember Matt.6:26, "look at the birds,

heavenly father feeds them are you not much more valuable than they? The point, if it's not

the fulfillment of his (God) purpose, why not do something. Send down a little blessing....

Malach 3:8 Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say "how have we robbed you"?

In your tithes and contributions.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

There would have to be a god for him/her/it to give a proverbial "damn."

The evidence in favor of such a deity is conspicuously absent.

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred

Please at least quote Richard Dawkins when your using his words verbatim! I despise the fact people use Richard Dawkins source material or the Late Christopher Hitchens and don't give them credit, everything in your post is from their books, not cool!

"

DesirousOfChange2 days ago

It's just a matter of luck as to which side of the world you were born on. Fortunately, your and my ancestors ended up settling in the "western world", whether is was to seek religious freedom, wealth (where the streets are made of gold), or even in bondage to the highest bidder. We lucked out.

Either that or God just likes people whose ancestors are mostly European White Folks the best.

Doc"

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Religonofhatred: Question.. who here is using RD and CH words ?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

ROH: Please at least quote Richard Dawkins when your using his words verbatim!

To whom are you directing your rant?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit