I hung out with Prince...

by confuzcious 30 Replies latest jw friends

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Well said. The WT system is deleted up. I'm sure they just toss the prodigal son scripture at them, and tell them to shut the deleted up or els they'll get DFed for not following instructions. You can't blame the bookstudy people for being pissed. I mean, while they were cleaning toilets and sacrificing everything in their lives for the WT, Prince was singing about masturbating in an elevator and probably living life to its full limits. Now he skipps in to the WT hope at the last minute after his career has arched to collect the full reward that the WTS can offer. Meanwhile, the 'bookstudy' people stand by, wearing 2nd hand clothes,living literaly hand-to-mouth, hands dirty from all that toilet scrubbing, missing teath they couldn't afford from dental care... and a confused look on their face.

Edited by - Englishman on 10 February 2003 4:6:49

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

Being a REAL witness is going to the meetings and no one talks to you because youre not in any of the cliques, you feel completely invisible and continue to have no friends in the world but you still go to the meetings to learn all about how loving the jehovahs organization is. Completely on your own.

Kwijibo.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Edited by - Gizmo on 9 February 2003 3:7:34

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

formatting errors maybe 3rd time lucky?

Edited by - Gizmo on 9 February 2003 3:13:22

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

BigBoi

All it takes is a chance enounter with the right person and a personal tragedy to make a person re-evaluate their life and decide he needs to make some changes. The jw's pitch is perfect for ppl that find themselves in that predicament.

That's what I was refering to in my earlier post when I mentioned the death of his baby, and subsequent divorce.

I'm sure however that he will do all he can to impress the hierarchy, only to find out eventually, that he too has been duped.

The following are the words off his recent Album Rainbow Children, very much pro the (b)org, and against us so called banished ones, judge for yourselves. sheesh. Tell me he hasn't been brainwashed already!

Digital Garden

Love, like a rose in bloom
    All of the Rainbow Children will feel it soon
    2 the east, word traveled about this energy
    Until it reached the Banished Ones
    Who just wanted this love 2 cease

They now fallen in2/The Resistor's dream
    And they built a Digital Garden/Or so it seemed

In this brilliant darkness/So-called angels of light/"Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies"

And all the Rainbow Children/Will stand and fight
    4 everlasting, everlasting life/4 the one who sits on the right
    4 Him we're willing to do the work

The following is read out as part of the composition with a voice that can only be described as Demonic sounding.

The Banished Ones approaching the palace shouted obscenities. They tried 2
    confuse the Rainbow Children and dethron their king. Using the lies promoted
    by the whosepapers, hellavisions, and scagazines- The Banished Ones
    constructed a Digital Garden around the palace that extended throughout the
    world. Furthermore they demanded compensation 4 their time spent in the
    palace b4 the exile. This was noise! "So be it," said the Wise One, and
    gladly obliged with an INVISIBLE DEED. The Banished Ones accepted and
    returned to their place of birth in MendaCity. As 4 the Rainbow Children,
    they began deconstructing the Digital Garden. Door to door they went in
    search of those willing to do The Work.

Now tell me again he's down to Earth?

More like somewhere on Pluto I think, along with the hierarchy.

He is probably a nice enough person, in that he doesn't really want to hurt anyone, however I still think he is well and truly brainwashed, and the problem with having such a high profile person as Mr Nelson a JW is that he will be respected by most, almost idolized by dubs, and that gives him power, to spread their propaganda and make it more practicable. There will always be the few that will resent him for whatever their reasoning may be; however with most celebrities the opposite is more often true.

~Gizmo~

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Now tell me again he's down to Earth?

Exactly. And who fed him that stuff about "apostates"? Larry Graham. Yep, the dude probably hasn't even put on the new personalityto the point of not wearing high heels, but already he's got the JW brainwashing on "opposers" and df'd ones. All thanks to the very down to earth Larry Graham.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Anymore I think the first thing they try to hammer home when you are studying is...DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR ABOUT JW'S UNLESS IT IS PRINTED IN THE SOCIETY'S OWN LITERATURE!!!! (Read that Awake! article on propaganda that they had out a few years ago and see how they directly contradict themselves in this matter)

So, this dig against apostates in this song really is pretty hilarious, when you realize that in all likelihood he probably has never read CofC, never visited freeminds, he is condemning something he has no first-hand experience with, because he has bought into the JW propaganda machine.

I remember one of his ex-wives saying that Prince thinks he is God. As I've stated in other threads, cults like JW are taylor-made for people who think they're unique and somehow better than other people. I don't think I'm reaching to say that this describes the Purple One.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I listened to an interview on Prince who has many songs I love, he said since becoming a witness he was going to change his lyrics to be not include profanity hmmm Little Red Corvette....Darling Nicky "I knew a girl named Nicky I guess you could say she was a sex fiend, I met her in a hotel lobby maturbating to a magazine". Hmmm Now THAT will be something I would love to see. He sure has his work cut out for him LOL

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I did a double take at our circuit assembly a couple years ago as I walked past Prince. He is in our circuit I guess, and there he was. He is hard to miss.

Larry Graham was interviewed at the District Convention last year. I really thought it was incredible how he was used as an example of someone who was able to simplify his life and pioneer. I guess even though I am not a multi-millionaire musician, I should somehow be able to arrange my life to devote more time to the ministry.

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Hey confuzcious,

I absolutely love Prince and his music. I don't have any of his music anymore, I threw all the cassettes I owned of him away a long time ago when I felt guilty for owning them. But, I really think as an artist he has true character and I wish I wouldn't have listened to the propaganda about music.

And I actually met Larry Graham back in 1993. He used to be an elder at the congregation I was attending and had come back for a visit. The Watchtower we were studying for that Sunday happened to be on "debased music". He is a down to earth person.

As for Prince, I am going to renew my collections of his music and party like it's 1999...again.

eisenstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit