Do You Feel Better Since You Stopped Meetings?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So many Witnesses have been ill. I'm not talking about the flu or a cold, either. Many Witnesses suffered from ailments that were not necessarily common to most people. I know of JW's that had to literally run out of the meetings every week because they said they were allergic to perfumes and different scents. I know some that had phobias that made them feel that they couldn't leave their homes. I know of Witnesses that had every syndrome known to man. I also know that since some of these people have left the organization, they are actually starting to feel better, either physically or mentally. Do you know of anyone that actually started feeling better because they left the "truth"?

• Scully
    Scully

Yes. Me.

Love, Scully

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I was a wreck physically, miserable because of the people there, sick of the false promises, and even more false friends.

I've found some damn good friends now, not ones who drop you like a disease when times get rough. I'm married to a beautiful woman, and we are closer than ever to our familes (extended, too).

All in all, leaving the witnesses was the biggest change in my life, and one for the better. My heart rests a lot easier than it used to.

ash

• shera
    shera

In ways,yes .Before I left,I was depressed and felt ill a lot...but I now suffer from anixety and another problem.

I was happy when I left and I am happier,other wise.

How about you Minimus?

• minimus
    minimus

I make few meetings and I feel great!

• shera
    shera

WHOO HOO!

• nelly1
    nelly1

yeah i have to agree with that, i was always soo tired because of the stress they kept me under and the pressure to measure up all the time, im glad i dont have to go to those boring repetitive meetings anymore.

Edited by - nelly1 on 5 February 2003 22:37:18

• Banshee
    Banshee

Yes, I feel physically, mentally and emotionally MUCH better since I quit going to the JW indoctrination sessions!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When I was last attending meetings I was suffering from major depression and extremely suicidal. At the time I felt as if I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I felt guilty for seeing a psychologist trained in dealing with adult survivors of abuse since I was a Witness I should be happy; after all I had "the truth" that was supposed to be enough. My stomach and back would cramp, so I began taking muscle relaxants just to make those precious meetings. When I would go, I would feel horrible, physically and emotionally. When I didn't go, I felt better as if the pressure was off.

I subscribe to the theory that God doesn't build crap, so I listened to my body and stayed home. Permanently. That was 14 years ago. I'm no longer depressed, certainly no suicidal and no physical ailments (at least that aren't unusual for an out of shape 40 year old man). I still have bad days, but who doesn't?

• dottie
    dottie

When I left, I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders...I felt better emotionally, as well as physically...It's amazing how good freedom can feel

Dottie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit