I watched some of the Regional Assembly

by Sour Grapes 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The last video of the convention. So true.

Watched one of the Mike and Kim videos, Kim related about the last video.

She related to the wonderful book by the classy Raymond Franz, Crisis of Conscience.

About that off-the chart double standard Mexico-Milawi scandal. In how where was Jesus coming for those poor brothers and sisters in Milawi when they were rounded-up. They were rounded-up, beaten, raped and even killed for rejecting a political card acknowledging a single-party entity in that country. I mean where, where was Jesus coming for them in the clouds when they were being rounded-up!!!!

Whereas across the Globe in Mexico some of the G. B. told the brothers in Mexico to bribe officials which would trick officials to believing they(brothers) had military training. Some Circuit Overseers and Elders even had a listing with the military has high ranking officials while serving as COs and Elders. Go figure, hey!!!!!

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I got upset when one of the speakers said, "Jehovah asked for your assistance in writing letters to the Russian government to not ban the religion there." I thought to myself, "it wasn't God who asked for all the friends to write to Russia, it was the GB." The writing campaign had no success on the hearts of the Russian court so it wasn't a decree by God. The GB have to be careful if they say their order is from God when in fact it is not. I don't know if the speaker created that part of his own originality or it was in the manuscript. It was from the Symposium on Saturday: Imitate, not the cowards, but the courageous - Not the inhabitants of Meroz, but Jael.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Sour Grapes: "Without these videos there would be many more Witlesses heading for the exit doors."

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but for me, it was the exact opposite. It was by watching the fruity dramatizations played at the Remain Loyal convention that I was startled awake. If I hadn't been exposed to such frightening material (and believe me, I was frightened as a still-in JW at that convention), I would have most likely tossed and turned and continued in my slumber.

• sir82
    sir82

I was made to watch Junes broadcast, within 2 minutes of it starting, I was told that there is

a difference between a pile of wood and a heap of wood.

LOL - that's some pretty deep.....spiritual truth.....right there.

Only the gibbering boobies could have such profound insight.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yes, the broadcasts can be pretty "deep" at times cant they!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I watched about 5 minutes and felt nothing other than disgust - I couldn't watch anymore. I guess my transition is complete.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LV101 - They are one of the most intelligently operated cults in history..."

If that's the case, then this guy is clearly not one of the operators...

I mean, look at him.

Even he seems skeptical.

:smirk:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Tough caption to look at, yes

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Vidiot - What a great picture - his emotion is a combination of anger and cluelessness. If this is the leader, they got problems.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Jehovah asked for your assistance in writing letters to the Russian government to not ban the religion there."

Jehovah must have been confused that the letters would fix anything. Plan B?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit