Memorial Invite - new focus?

by jws 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

On Social Media, I saw family members exploiting their young grandchildren into folding these invitations, and stuffing them into envelopes...(maybe for letter writing work)

All the while, singing their praises and flattering them ... Of course young kids (3 years old) LOVE being praised...

If only they knew what this was actually about... "Awww how cute! ___ is part of the 'deny christ' party"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If someone comes to my door with that invite

Please join us for the annual commemoration of the death of Jesus Christ.

I will ask them when are they going to annual`y commemorate the death of every man woman and child who died needlessl`y refusing a potential life saving blood transfusion resulting in their death ?

I wonder what their response will be ?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we had 2 come through our letter box this week to, straight in the bin, what a waste of paper,time and energy

• jws
    jws

As far as the death of Jesus vs the resurrection.

The thing that Christians say redeems us all is Jesus' death, right? It's the sacrifice, not the resurrection that is supposed to save us. The ransom was his death, not his being brought back to life. So according to belief, the death should be the thing you remember.

Of course the passover meal is the thing Jesus said keep doing in remembrance of me.

I just never remember them saying they were commemorating the death before. I could be wrong. It's been a while since I looked at these things and maybe I wasn't paying attention before.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I remember all the talk about how we didn’t celebrate he unscriptural Christmas but the decreed remembrance of the death , then quoting scripture about how the day of ones death is better then the day of ones birth and therefore we commemorate the death of Jesus

blah blah blah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit