Solomon's Temple construction, things you realize when no longer asleep.

by Crazyguy 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok so in 1Kings chapters 5-6 is where we have the story of the construction of Solomon's most holy temple to God, the Supreme God. It says that to build this magnificent temple they used 30,000 men, 10,000 per month. Another 70,000 common laborers in the hills digging up stone and 80,000 stone cutting laborers. 3,300 men just to over see the work as supervisors and the project took seven years, I repeat SEVEN YEARS to complete. Yes what a magnificent awesome accomplishment for the most holy.

If I only had a time machine I could go back look at this project when it was done and think to myself. "What all this for a place no bigger then my house, LOL". Yes this temple was only about 100 feet long and about 34 feet wide and about two stories high, no bigger then my house. What a joke. I guess the translators or the story tellers got yet another thing wrong in the inspired word of the bible.

Oh and one last thing when they were done they sacrificed 22,000 cattle and 120,000 sheep really, really? Its amazing how when a sleep (indoctrinated) what people can not discern when reading this crap.

• hoser
    hoser

I could never figure out the large number of sacrifices either. Where did they put all the guts/ blood and shit? The place must have smelled bad.

The other thing if could not figure was how long did it take to walk to the outside of the camp of Israelites to take a dump? There was supposed to be a few million that left Egypt It would be a long walk if you really had to go bad.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Solomon's temple; a talent for exaggeration*:

I have taken great pains to provide for the temple of the Lord a hundred thousand talents of gold, a million talents of silver, quantities of bronze and iron too great to be weighed, and wood and stone. And you may add to them. - 1 Chronicles 22:14 New International Version

*A talent weighs 75 lbs.

• startingover
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    hy per bow leeeeee........if not downright lies!
  • prologos
    prologos

V I: a hundred thousand talents of gold,*A talent weighs 75 lbs.

Solomon was already into futures. that would be all the gold that was ever mined before the year 19 00 CE.

that fact bodes badly for the "spiritual" temple of last week's wt study; based on the same bible after all.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Do we actually know anything for sure about Sol's Temple ?

No proper "Dig" on the Temple Mount has been allowed has it ?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The linked thread is very interesting and great research. My only question is if the numbers could refer to not just the actual temple building but the whole temple area with it's courtyards etc.

That's not to diminish the still excessive quantities, just wondering if it is 100% accurate to limit the figures to the core building?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

JZ's home was bigger, better, and it took about 1and half years to build with about 100 workers

• Heaven
    Heaven
    So far, archeology has not been able to find the so-called 'vast' kingdoms of Solomon and David.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit