If You Never Were A JW, Would You Believe In God?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi MINIMUS ! Blueblades here! I was catholic before and was taught a belief system that consisted of the trinity,immortal soul,eternal punishment in a hell-fire for committing a mortal sin, purgatory for a venial sin,or, a heavenly reward for being good and a whole lot of other teachings.Would I still believe in God if I never was a jw.That's all I was ever taught, to believe in God.My deductive reasoning tells me someone created all that we know and more.I can't prove it to myself or anyone else.I also can't understand how that someone IS self-existent.

I want so much for God to be and for him to clear up so much wondering and remove sickness old age and death from his creation.

Like many others I find myself living this dilemma.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Although I was never a Witness, they did cause me to take a serious look at my beliefs. So, Yes, I probably would still believe in God if it wasn't for them.

It wasn't until after coming to this forum that I realized that many have independently come to the same conclusions that I have. I think that the Watchtower takes religion to such a ridiculous extreme that many of its problems become apparent.

For a while I was very upset that the Watchtower had forced me to discard my former beliefs. The thought of life after death was very comforting to me. But in the end I must say that I am much happier now with my current belief or should I say disbelief. Atheism, does not answer all of lifes questions, but I feel that it explains much more than my former belief system. I definitely do not miss the uncertainty and guilt that I always felt when I believed in God.

pseudo

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

I believe in God and I am not a Witness, nor will I need to be one. God exists, everything is too perfect to have started on its own, just think about it, look around you, outside, your house, at your computer monitor, its all too perfect. My thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit