CM Message of the Day

by stephenw20 119 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'You can learn through
    wisdom or woe, it's
    your choice.'

Seven, for many, this forum can be looked at as therapy.

there seems to be a willingness to beat the dead horse , of we do not agree with the org and it has hurt us.

stayin here rehashing it all , SLows down the growth they can attain.

It can be freightening to stand on the shore after the boat has left.

S

9/3/2001

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'The best way to experience true nurturing is to give true nurturing.'
    9/4/2001
    this may come under the heading...LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'When taking something personally, it’s a signal to shift into an impersonal consciousness.'
    9/5/2001

• crossroads
    crossroads

Some times you MUST take things personally,
    after all "Life is not a spectator sport"
    SIGN ANYONE

• Introspection
    Introspection

Not taking things personally doesn't mean not participating or not taking responsibility or owning your stuff, it's a matter of looking at things without being preoccupied with self esteem or self concept. It's like when someone says something about people who, oh say spends time talking online. They can say this is all a waste of time, but it isn't personal in the sense of them talking about you as an individual. Even when people direct things at you, often I find it is not worth taking seriously. Frankly, they don't necessarily know who they're talking to. Just as there is no basis for judging online discussions without consideration of the actual content, if someone who doesn't know you make some comment about you they are only speaking out of ignorance.

Life is also not about what other people think of you, or what you think of yourself for that matter. I really don't know when it would be better to take things personally. If I'm enjoying myself, chances are I am immersed in an activity rather than being self conscious. If I am working on something, taking it personally will only lead to frustration or a sense of satisfaction separate from the work, whereas keeping your mind on the actual work is likely to produce better results. It seems to me being preoccupied with your self concept and such is more of a spectator sport, you're creating duality by having this idea of "me" being separate from the one having the idea of me, who am I and how do I feel about this, whereas in just minding what you're doing there is no duality.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'When something small and meaningless happens, it is protecting something big that is being born.'
    9/12/2001

• Introspection
    Introspection

Given recent events, perhaps it is time to discuss the tribal mentality Stephen..

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'When you push three times and nothing happens, don't push the fourth time.'
    9/13/2001

any thing can be discussed Mark.... the forum is a safe free place. if We decide it to be that way. As with any freedom when its taken for granted, it can be undervalued, and distorted or destroyed.

LEt that not happen

S

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well it occurs to me being part of a tribe can be a good thing, for support etc.. But I suppose the point is it isn't the only thing. I was hoping to hear something by the good Dr. Myss on this subject.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'Slumming is hanging out in chakras below the waist.'
    9/14/2001

Mark ...I have few words now.......CM, a message by her, is posted under "tonite @ 9" thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit