Just read that Carl Olof Jonsson died yesterday

by slimboyfat 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

The onus is on you to prove your case that vat 4956 sky is -568 if your approach is to argue.

I don't need to prove any such thing. The scholarly consensus is already that VAT 4956 refers to events in 568 BCE. The astronomical facts confirm it, and I have provided that information. But this isn't some novel interpretation I've come up with, so there is no onus on me to prove it. It has already been proven. Adherents of a religious denomination just don't like it.

I haven’t seen that scholar added anything more to falsify -568 solstice.

Indeed. It is physically impossible for the reference to the solstice in VAT 4956 to refer to the solstice of 588 BCE. It perfectly fits 568 BCE, along with the other observations in 568 BCE.

I want to add as an end point that wt doesn’t use the vat to extrapolate -607, only Bible interpretation.

This is a red herring. The Watch Tower Society attempted, poorly, to assert that VAT 4956 is consistent with their beliefs about 607 BCE, and I'm not aware that anyone has ever suggested that the Watch Tower Society bases its 607 dogma on VAT 4956. However, the Bible also does not support JW interpretations about Babylon's 70 years.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The Watch Tower Society won't touch the planetary positions, instead dismissing them as supposedly ambiguous, which is both a lie, and a red herring because the observations don't fit 588 BCE, even if the specific names of the planets are ignored.

VAT 4956 (lines 12 and 13 on the front) says there were 4 planets visible during the period between sunset and moonset on the 1st evening of the 3rd month. The observations indicate that 2 planets were in front of Leo (and therefore near each other), another planet was above Scorpio, and another planet was opposite Leo. Even if specific names of the planets are ignored, this is impossible for the required period asserted by the Watch Tower Society, supposedly starting the evening of 30 June 588 BCE.

Between sunset and moonset on the evening required by the Watch Tower Society (and the next few evenings), Jupiter was far below the horizon, Saturn was behind the sun (on the far side of the solar system), Venus had already set before sunset, and Mars and Mercury were on opposite sides of the sky to each other. So with only 2 planets visible and neither near each other, the observations cannot be reconciled at all (even if we pretend the planet names are ambiguous).

But on the correct dates (starting from the evening of 20 June 568 BCE), Mercury and Mars are very near each other and both in Leo, Venus is still in the sky after sunset and to the west of Leo, and Jupiter is above Scorpio, completely consistent with the tablet.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The scholarly consensus is already that VAT 4956 refers to events in 568 BCE.

And Wt has it’s own scholars conclusions. End of story.

Indeed. It is physically impossible for the reference to the solstice in VAT 4956 to refer to the solstice of 588 BCE

Based on the algorithm, authenticity of the vat, and 37th year and 18th year have a common denominator which you haven’t proven. You sound like the Islamics everything must be true when scholars believe it is.

This is a red herring.

No it is not.

However, the Bible also does not support JW interpretations about Babylon's 70 years.

It does. Believe as you wish.

Believe as you wish.

You haven’t authenticated the vat. You haven shown Nebs 18th and 37th year are related by a common denominator and you haven’t explained the accuracy of tge algorithm used. You are useless except for the solstice info that scholar seems to accept as true.

Ergo I will do my own research and form my own opinions. But you haven’t proven your case on this thread. Your evidence in unsubstantiated here because yiu failed to explain it. I will do my own investigation. My findings according to the information you presented is that there is reasonable doubt. Thank yiu for taking the time to post the soltice photos with hightights

You are dismissed.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Ergo I will do my own research

Except you won't, will you. You will read what the Watch Tower Society has said, and just accept that, ignoring the fact that you explicitly reject the 'algorithm' that the Watch Tower Society said it used to confirm the positions that it lied about.

But if you do actually do your own research, by all means post your evidence supporting your view. Since you have so far posted no evidence of anything at all.

And the rest of your childish dismissive gibberish wasn't even worth responding to individually,

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

However, the Bible also does not support JW interpretations about Babylon's 70 years.
    It does.
    Prove it.
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

How is it that people fell in love with him so easily?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Prove it.

It is how JW interpret the Bible. It is our belief. As you know, WT publishes the reasons, our explanation. I have already explained this to you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Except you won't, will you

What do you know. I’ve studied your evidence here, COJ book, etc. Scholar has done so scholastically.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

😂 a notable distinction in the level of proof expected from himself. And JWs apparently consider this to be convincing evidence to save people from their angry god. 🤦‍♂️

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

What do you know. I’ve studied your evidence here, COJ book, etc.

But you haven’t actually studied those things at all. You’ve merely grappled with your own cognitive dissonance until you could deceive yourself into thinking that ‘it’s the science that’s wrong’, rather than the arbitrary interpretations of a minor religious denomination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit