Marijuana...should it be legalised?

by digderidoo 39 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

After talkin in chat tonight....it has got me and a friend talkin about whether marijuana should be legalised.

My view...yes,
    i) who has the right to tell me what to do with my own body?
    ii) alcohol is a legalised drug....each year more deaths occur through alcohol abuse than marijuana usage.
    iii) people smoke it anyway and the question is not bein addressed.
    iv) it's great to get stoned!!!!....why should some politician take that away?

any other views?

Yours dig

Try to add life to your days, not days to your life.

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

I'm with you, I think it should be legalized. You don't get a hangover with pot, at least I never did.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Did,

Taint the pot thats bad for you, it's the smokin' part!

Non-smokers dont smoke anything, including pot, the dumbest part of exiting dubdom is taking up smoking. Great, cut off 25% of your hearts oxygen requirement, watch your heart beat soar into the 80's as it struggles to survive, lie in bed at night with lung cancer and scream why why why was I so stupid?

Keep your pot matey, there aint nothin' natural about breathing smoke unless you're a dragon.

Englishman.

• nojw86
    nojw86

You know what I never understood... is why firemen put on masks so they DON'T inhale the smoke......and some spend money to inhale smoke. not condeming,, just something to consider.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Take your point englishman about any type of smokin.....

but, u speak about watchin your heart go into the 80's, strugglin to survive...

i have never heard of anyone strugglin to survive after smokin marijuana...have u?
    your heart goes into the 80's for many reasons...including goin to the gym, don't get me wrong i'm not equating smokin with goin to the gym but just because your heart goes faster does not mean that you are goin to die.

u say lie in bed with lung cancer.....lung cancer is caused through smokin tobacco....there are other ways to smoke marijuana. Another point, what about takin it in through cakes, etc.?

u say keep your pot....fair enough i will, but should others tell me what i do with my life....even if that means smokin pot?

Yours dig

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

ps....u still got that mgb?....fantastic car..

Yours dig

• willy_think
    willy_think

be wise legalize

if not pot then hemp/ good paper, no dead forests/ good rope,no plastics/ good fabric, no synthentics

how many old bibles do you think were printed on hemp?

pot is a drug, a drug is a medicine.

there are many medical conditions like; MS-glaucoma-AIDS-some kinds of seizures, pot would have a beneficial aeffect in the treatment of these and other conditions, but the doctor can't prescribe it, morphine yes, percocet yes, pot no

i can see no sense in the, it's just bad that is all, thinking

it is just a drug like any other. use and abuse are two different things.

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • logical
    logical

I agree with Englishman, smoking is stupid.

But, the actual weed if consumed in another way, would be more beneficial for things like depression than those stupid synthesized chemicals I get prescribed.

I say legalise it. It would also cut out much of the unnecessary prison sentences for people caught with it for personal use. Its not a bad drug like alcohol.

If it was legal then I would take it, but I wouldnt smoke it.

• claudia
    claudia

I think alcohol is very dangerous, I dont smoke pot but if I liked it I would. I happen to not like it at all. But most people I am close to smoke. I think it should be legal. I manage a head shop, we sell bongs, rolling papers, color changing glass pipes. And I would much reather deal with pot smokers than drunks!

• claudia
    claudia

Oh and our store has a website, anyone interested let me know I will give you the link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit