Are You In Support Of Starting A War In Iraq ?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It looks inevitable. Do you think this is more a carry over from President Pappy Bush's not getting the job done while he was in office? Do you think the USA and it's allies can fight multiple wars???

• Francois
    Francois

It's amazing to me how little attention people pay to wars and such. The UN resolution authorizing Desert Storm gave Bush One leave only to remove the Iraqi military from Kuwait. It DID NOT authorize the allies to follow the Iraqi military into Bagdhad and rub out Saddam. Stormin' Norman WANTED to do that, but was prevented by Powell and Bush One because they were cleaving closely to the UN resolution. This is the reason Norman retired in protest. Now we have people making snide remarks about how Bush One didn't "get the job done." Nothing could be further from the truth. Please people, pay attention.

Do I think the current "war" is more a carry-over than what?

Can the US and it's allies fight multiple wars? Yes, two.

francois

Edited by - francois on 24 January 2003 9:39:56

• email
    email

Do you think this is more a carry over from President Pappy Bush's not getting the job done while he was in office?

You must be kidding minimus... Thanks Francois I agree...

Do you think the USA and it's allies can fight multiple wars?

Of course...

• Perry
    Perry

Saddam is already at war with the whole world. Your question is misleading.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I don't support a war with Iraq without UN support. I have no doubt the US and the allies could carry on multiple wars, but at what price? Lets just hope cooler heads prevail.

• TR
    TR

I would support even unilateral war with Iraq.

TR

• JH
    JH

I would like a peaceful solution. But sometimes, war is the only way to get rid of a dictator. Does Saddam want a peaceful solution?

Do you think the USA and it's allies can fight multiple wars?

What allies? Britain is the only true ally.

• LB
    LB

The war in Iraq was started by Saddam some time ago wasn't it?

I am in favor of quickly ending the war there by whatever means necessary. Hopefully with the death of yet another dictator.

But of course this thread rehashes the various threads already posted on this topic. There are those that will never support military action and those that favor it. No one will switch sides and it doesn't matter a hoot what we think about it. Wheels have been put in motion and we are moving towards war. We haven't spent millions and millions of dollars to change our minds and come home.

Before this is over kids will be dead again. But because of dictators like Saddam kids will be dead anyway so he does need to be taken out.

Too bad life isn't more like a James Bond movie were we could just send in a double O and the world would be safer.

• dubla
    dubla

There are those that will never support military action and those that favor it. No one will switch sides and it doesn't matter a hoot what we think about it. Wheels have been put in motion and we are moving towards war.

this sums up my thoughts perfectly.

aa

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i dont support any war. i dont think this war is a 'carry over' from the last war. this war is about securing iraqi oil fields and removing saddam and putting into place a 'puppet' like in afghanistan, and you can be sure that like hamed kharzi the new iraqi leader will have oil company connections.

i think the US can fight multi wars, but as for its allies, not really. if a war developes in the asia-pacific, mabe the royal navy could withdraw from the gulf and go there, but i doubt the US would get much support unless nato was mobilized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit