WE NEED MORE FIELD SERVICE REPORTS (Letter sent to Ecuador)

by elkatire1980 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

I see a difference with the typical instructions sent every year by this time of the year: The fact that they "have reasons to believe" that the number of publishers was higher and the emphasis put on the instructions to count "twice (or more times)" the publishers that deliver their late field service slips.

Now, if they actually start doing what the letter sent to Poland describes (making lists of inactive ones and sending such data to their respective branches) they might be going too far. Though they would try to mask it as their typical "we intend to provide those people with spiritual help", they would actually be showing their true colors.

Allow me to quote a book entitled "Revisiting Holocaust Representation in the Post-Witness Era" (page 12):

"The Nazis pursued what they called restlose Erfassung, which means a total registering, without loose ends; an expression that connotes also 'all-embracing seizure'. This ambition led to a fanatic policy of counting, making lists and conducting censuses."

If the indoctrinated friends cannot clearly see how similar the Watchtower methods are to those of the Nazis or any other absolutist regime, I don't know if there's any hope for us to rescue them from this shameful organization.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I wonder if the worldwide numbers would show a decease if it were not for this massaging...
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    This ambition led to a fanatic policy of counting, making lists and conducting censuses."

Hmmm...this reminds of someone else who was eager to do a census of the people.

1 Chron 21:

21 Then Satan* stood up against Israel and incited David to number Israel.+ 2 So David said to Jo′ab+ and the chiefs of the people: “Go, count Israel from Be′er-she′ba to Dan;+ then report to me so that I may know their number.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    Jehovah's Witnesses . . . the religion that comes with a time punch clock, but unlike the other place where you punch a time clock, it does not include a paycheck.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Are they trying to get "new peaks" for yearbook stories?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

:notes:

"Myriads on myriads of faders..."

:notes:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's an interesting cycle...

...the more the stigma associated with being inactive loses its impact, the more soft-cores and fence-sitters will feel free to do so, which will motivate the loyalists to vilify and ostracize (i.e. be assholes) them even more, thus reinforcing the soft-cores and fence-sitters decision to become inactive, and further alienating still-ins who would otherwise be perfectly happy to stay...

...and so one, and so forth...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I believe they fear that Vidiot, and I do my best to show that being inactive is pretty bad ass lol
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Never underestimate the power of passive resistance.

Conscious-classers may just be the best "secret weapon" the XJW community has.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Thats also why I don't play the "depressed" "stressed" etc cards. I know everyone has to do what they have to do to justify their fade. But for me I like to portray the opposite. I'm perfectly healthy, I won't play into their portrayal of faders as "weak" and "pitiful". I fully understand why that has to be done though. But, I just choose to give a true image. I'm happy, social, fun, and totally at peace with out doing the jw song and dance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit