Royal Commission taking our emails to heart

by wannaexit 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I have mentioned before that some of the info folk have sent has been filed by the ARC - This is what occurred with info I sent [which was by an large a compilation of material from Barbara and from JWN on the 2 Witness Teaching] - The reply came from the CEO of the ARC - Philip Reed.

Angus was responding to e-mails on the same day during the hearings.

[Now if our rugger team [Boks] can perform in the RWC as he did in the ARC things will be jolly for sure !]

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Yes Yes, me to I got an email back. Hallelujah HALLELUJAH HA-LLLLEE-LUU-JAHHH. There must have been thousands that got sent. WOW! what the hell is WTBTS(666) gonna make of that do ya think?
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    All we need now is for the UK Charities Commission to do likewise, and ask for ex/current J.W.'s to send their abuse stories to the U.K.C.C. Then we may see the Org really reacting!
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    The Watchtower is a religious dictatorship...and we are not used to a democratic listening ear in connection with them.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

My reply (like AFRIKANMAN) was from the CEO of the ARC - Philip Reed.

I included quotes from WTs re: 29 But if a bull was formerly in the habit of goring and warning was served on its owner but he would not keep it under guard, and it did put a man or a woman to death, the bull is to be stoned and also its owner is to be put to death.

WT 06 3/1 Consider the principle discussed at Deuteronomy 22:8. The Israelite who constructed a new home was required to build a parapet around the flat roof, which was often used to entertain guests.

hy? “That you may not place bloodguilt upon your house because someone falling might fall from it.” In a similar way, what you do—without imposing unreasonable restrictions—to protect your guests at a social gathering should be with their physical and spiritual interests at heart.

If someone fell because this safety law had not been observed, God held the owner responsible.No doubt, application of the loving principle embodied in this law would minimize accidents at the workplace or even in recreation.

Included was the quote from Matt 18:4-6 4 Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one that is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens; 5 and whoever receives one such young child on the basis of my name receives me [also]. 6 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea.

Jesus wants his rulers in the kingdom to be humble, they will be the greatest…

· Humble means obeying the law, reporting pedophiles, changing your “system”

· Jesus says IF YOU STUMBLE them, put a millsone around their neck, toss to sea

I also mentioned that the WT could tell it's people "report to the police" and nothing would prevent them from carrying on with their treasured "inside" trials that "require" two witnesses.

• Oogie
    Oogie
    I'm just happy that all you that have been abused by the organization are at least being heard and having a sympathetic ear. An ear that might just be able to become a major thorn in the side of JW.Org.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Searcher, the Charities Commission of course is not related to a Royal Commission, the latter set is up ad hoc to investigate public concerns such as abuses which may occur in large institutions in Commonwealth countries. The Charities Commission is a regulating body to oversee the running and irregularities in British registered charities.

In so far as the law reflects public opinion and based inevitably on traditional usage; the law still recognises religion as a "good thing" and therefore can be registered for charitable status and tax exemption. (Even if it is a polytheistic one which promotes self flagellation and is devoted to alien beings!)

By all means the Charities Commission should be aware of the selfish indifference shown by JW leadership to child sex abuse victims in its own ranks and the self protecting approach to deal with the information by excluding the police and local authorities.

There are many reasons we here can think why the JW org should not be a charity and I would add that its purpose is not so much religious but is a money farming exercise with a religious flavour.

I suggest to that is not in the public interest to give any concessions to the JW org because the work they do is blatantly not educational but indoctrination and millions are kept ignorant and poor and lacking in self esteem as a consequence of this so called charity's work. It does nothing for society or the individual. Its work is harmful.

But as I said if it's called a religion then the Charities Act of 2011 says you can register...even if you are the world's most suffocating, uncharitable, misleading, money hungry, ignorant, blind-guide religion.

The only opportunity we have is to promote the idea for the purpose of new legislation; it should dismiss "religion" as an automatic term to gain charitable status and instead charities should be made to demonstrate that all their work and money is intended exclusively for the common good, being publicly and legally recognised for the genuine welfare of others.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I'm thinking that it will just be a matter of time before the Watchtower Corporation and all it's subsidiaries comes under some type of federal investigation here in the US. I'm sure the Royal Commission is passing on it's findings to the appropriate authorities in different countries.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

While the hearing was still going on, before Jackson testified, I emailed the commission with some comments about how the Watchtower legal department instructs its people to comply with mandatory reporting requirements. They may comply with the letter of the law, but the way they go about it makes a mockery of the reporting requirements and deliberately flouts the spirit of the law.

The legal department has, or at least had, a form called the Child Abuse Telememo. They used this to guide elders calling in for advice on how to handle a child abuse accusation. Included on the form is one set of instructions for "reporting" states and another with different instructions for "non-reporting" states. If the incident occurred in a "reporting" state, the elder is instructed to make the mandatory report anonymously, such as from a phone booth, with another elder as witness. They are told to document when and to whom it was reported, sign the notes, and put it in the congregation files, just in case they have to prove later that they complied with the law.

I believe this in and of itself proves that they are more concerned with protecting the reputation of the congregation than protecting the victims.

Anyway, I attached a copy of this telememo to the email I sent the Commission. I got a very gracious reply, specifically mentioning the telememo by name. They said they would forward it to the appropriate parties.

I am very impressed with the way the Commission is handling things. They seem to take their responsibilities very seriously, and that's a very good thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How many of us ever thought something like this could even come close to happening?

Really?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit