JW Threatened me with Violence Today :)

by cofty 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• violias
    violias
    I agree with Steve2. It could be interpreted as taunting the jw couple. If he then hits cofty, well, it could be said he asked for it. Of course we'd love to make their lives as miserable as a lot of them have ours, but jws would be quick to go after known apostates.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Just goes to prove that the way to deal with a bully is to stand up to them.

It's the only language they understand.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Resepctectfully agree with the naysayers on this one. It seems like taunting, especially if he has a beard. That indicates he may be out or awake to TTATT or trying to fade and when confronted with a ballsy apostate with nothing to lose, Ian has a legitimate concern. When I was fading, I agreed 100% with TTATT; I knew the bOrg was a cult. But holy cow if I was in a public place and a known, vocal apostate made a spectacle of calling me out, I'd have been mortified.

i don't understand all the "likes" on this thread. It's not constructive behavior. An encounter like that scared me out of my fade & delayed my awakening by 2 years. Consider circumstances & consequences. Play it cool with JWs who challenge the cult status quo. In time, you'll be pounding back beers in a pub together with many of those folks---please stop doing things to scare them back in. There's a difference between cathartis, activism and unfettered twattage.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Depends on what your history is with the person and how well you knew each other, I think.

If it's someone you had nothing to do with anyways, just walk on by, but seeing someone you considered to be a friend can be hard not to at least say something, especially if it's obvious they themselves are out.

This cult is ridiculous, normal people don't behave this way.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I'm curious how he got to be a beard wearing person. If you ever find out, remember to resurrect this thread and let us know.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Personally Im of the opinion if they feel they can harry the Catholics I can harry them. If they take offense, tough titty - get out of the cult or get over your self righteousness. I would never get in anyone's face but if they did in mine, I would litterally laugh at them and hope they they got physical. I never turn down an opportunity for a little knuckle rugby. Perhaps afterwards our two bloddied faces could laugh about how we both have no forsight due to our balls hanging in our eyes - over a cold beer.
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Seems like the other guy was minding his own business. I gotta admire that at least.

I find the statement that its ammunition for future taunting rather revealing, and kinda sad actually.

Live and let live I say. Who knows what steps he has/hasn't taken or may yet take.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

So let me understand this. An EXJW got in the face of another EXJW because you feel you have something in common but comes to find out that lan is more hostile than you, and then you come to this site to complain that an JW that is NOT an active JW possibly DFd himself from your own words that probably doesn’t even know you’re a disfellowshipped elder yourself and might have possible treated you the same way EXJW treat active witnesses seems very evolutionary, good to know.

Maybe you should have started the conversation with hey bud, from one DF to another, how you’re doing. Isn’t it great to be free from that cult, right? Just maybe you would have gotten a better reaction.

Can your intro be somewhat deceptive?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    the OP reads like a perfect STDH.TXT
  • steve2
    steve2

I agree Cofty:Just saying "Hello" would be a stretch to allege provocation. But that was not all you said.

To reiterate, I do not disagree with what you said.

I just think that, if the worst had happened and he had punched you, you could rightly report that to the police who could charge him with common assault. So far, so good.

Except that he and his wife could play the "I was provoked" card, which is taken into account in some jurisdictions as a legal defense and can be considered by the judge in terms of mitigating factors.

My concern for YOU - forget about him - is that the couple are free to exaggerate what you said and did; kind of 2 people's word against 1 man's word.

If you think this would not even be an issue, well and good. I respect you views because you were subjected to the threat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit