my husband left for f/t military service

by Prisila 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisila
    Prisila

Hello all!

Thank you everyone for your concerns. I have recovered really well from surgery. The worst is here now. My husband left for f/t military service last night. I am sooooooo sad! In June of 2002 he was still an elder and stepped down. Then 2 weeks ago he was disfellowshipped for "doubting' and "apostacy" NOT for the military thing. My life is changing too quick, I can't keep up!!!

I am sooooo depressed!!! I have to be strong. I estimate he will be gone under a year. I will see him a few times in between. To make things worst the local elders are hunting me down and will have the blood hounds on me as soon as my husband is gone.

Thanks for your support!

• email
    email

Prisila,

I'm glad you recovered well. I know how you feel when you say:

My life is changing too quick, I can't keep up!!!

I know it'is difficult times for you in many ways... but you have to stay strong... for you and for your husband. Eventually things will settle down and these rough times will be a thing of the past.

I take my hat off for your husband and for what he is doing for ALL of us. Send him my regards.

Keep posting... you are all in my thoughts.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    To make things worst the local elders are hunting me down and will have the blood hounds on me as soon as my husband is gone.

Tell them to $%*^ off! You don't have to answer doors or phones to them - get caller ID or use an answering machine and make sure you can see who's at the door before you open it. Don't play according to their rules if they want letters of DA, etc.

• shera
    shera

I hope your feeling better soon.(((((Prisila)))))

Tell the elders,you will make a call to the police for harressment,if you don't want them there.

Blah on the elders!

• Mary
    Mary

Hi Prisila: I'm glad you've recovered from your surgery so well! I'm sorry your husband got axed from the Borg cause it can be totally depressing. That coupled with your husband leaving for military service is a double whammy. However, take comfort in knowing that he's fighting a good cause: our freedom and that he'll come back a hero!! God Bless America!!

p.s. by the way, if the elders try calling you or show up at your door, just don't answer the phone (I'm assuming you have call display) and look out the window to see who's calling. If it's them, don't answer the door.

Edited by - Mary on 14 January 2003 18:1:32

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Prisila:

f*&k the elders. call the police.

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( prisila)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Monster
    Monster

I understand what you are going through I am leaving in six days, my family is taking it hard, kind of scary, they act as if two men already gave them bad news on me (you know dying for you country). I have to talk with the kids at the center, turn off everything etc etc etc..

Everything will be okay, try not to let it worry you to much.

Peace James.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((( Prisila and James))))))))

You two are going thru something that I just can't bear to imagine. Well actually I did a few weeks ago in a thread about bringing the draft back. I was so upset thinking my son who is only 16 now may be drafted in two years. We all know how long Vietnam lasted and other wars, conflicts whatever they were called.

I have no words to say, but do send you love and support and for things like this I do pray.

Prisila, email anytime you need to talk, I sincerely mean it ok? Tell your hubby thanks for all he is doing, it is a big sacrifice for both of you.

James, take care and be careful. Come back safe and sound , and we will be waiting to hear good news that you are ok.

I think you both , and your families are very brave.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Prisila

Hugs to you lady! My husband is also in the military. I know the ups, downs and the feeling of the departure as it affects you. I have a few suggestions if you like to help. Please feel free to e-mail me as its open. Hugs again. For everything you have been through of late it seems as if perhaps walls are closing in on you. Again if you need I can throw a few helpful suggestions your way.

Love,

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit