Latest Watchtower PRAISES United Nations Relief

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Feb. 15, 2003 Wt. has an article entitled, LIFE IN A REFUGEE CAMP. The whole article praises the UNHCR, which is the United Nations High Commissioner Of Refugees. Because of the UNHCR, thousands of refugees are getting material, physical and ultimately spiritual help. Thank God for the United Nations!!!

• Scully
    Scully

can you PLEASE post this (scans would be awesome!!) ???

Sounds like the Great Harlot is shagging the "image of the Wild Beast" again. Has anyone thought to check recently whether they reinstated their status with the UN??

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 12 January 2003 22:26:48

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

well... well... well...

Hypocrisy at its best!!!!

Please save your rags to pinpoint HOW these Jive Turkeys are praising the Scarlet Beast because as we all know, they will be denying in the future like the master liars that they are.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

the great whore, is in the bed with the wild beast AGAIN. it work's for the wt in 3rd world countries when they want to say they are in the mainstream.... dollar bill yall dollar bill yall dollar dollar bill yall.... it's the wt god...

• minimus
    minimus

Why on earth, would the Watchtower Society put together this article praising the efforts of the UN? Haven't they learned anything from their last debacle? Or is it that the rank & file can't see what their involvement is anyway? Before, we saw how the UN had certain criteria that the Society needed to comply with, hence, their writing news releases involving the United nations. What could be their reason now???

• Jourles
    Jourles

Has anyone thought that the WTS might use one of their 'shell corporations' to reattach themselves to the UN as an NGO? Do they have a shell that does not include the words "Watchtower," "Jehovah," or "Society of Christian whatever?" If they do, and they need NGO status for an important reason, that is the route I would take. Use a shell name that is non-descript and does not immediately make people wonder.

Edited by - Jourles on 12 January 2003 23:40:6

• minimus
    minimus

Jourles, I wonder if you're on to something. Where's HAWKAW?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

As soon as I saw minimus' post I thought this might be a sign that the disassociation was only temporary. Jourles idea is a good one - hiding behind the corporate veil should be enough to fool the R&F, if not us. So what we need is a comprehensive list of all WT corporations and the current (or next) list of UN NGOs. Perhaps writing to the UN guy that everyone expressed their concerns to last year might be useful, so he can be aware. It sounded like the UN themselves were concerned that the WT seemed to be saying two different things about the UN.

• Jourles
    Jourles

If the WTS did once again join the UN as an NGO, what would be their excuse this time? They needed a particular library book? ALL religions are supposed to register?

Would they really be that STUPID to join again? That is my question.

Edited by - Jourles on 13 January 2003 0:1:21

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Brilliant idea, Jourles. Stupid again? One thing about them, they seem to learn from their mistakes. I could see them re-joining for purposes of greed, but using a straw man like you suggested. Then they could talk circles around apostate evidence. OK, I'll have to give this some more thought. After another vodka and grapefruit juice, that is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit