Help she is trying to get to my son PART 2

by Jesika 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

I meant to put this in friends.....................................................

Well, I left my mom's/stepdad's house tonite. I got home not long ago.

It was me, my x, his girlfriend, my mom, my step dad, and my son(who was in another room watching a movie).

My step dad has offered his financial backing for my x and my behalf in this battle. The only "string" is that we sue her for court costs and lawyer costs, so she can pay the whole thing for bringing this to court (which is uncalled for to begin with, so she should pay for it).

So, I will be on the phone calling lawyers on Monday. I am so greatful to my step father. He has been wanting me to call him "daddy or dad" for about 2 yrs now (this isn't the reason he is doing this, he is doing it for my son), but I can't call him that. My reason is because I associate this "title" with my bio-father. I see this as an insult to him to call him something that I have such harsh feelings towards. The words dad or daddy make my stomach turn. I hope in time I will be able to dis -associate these words and be able to apply them to someone who deserves them.

Anyways, If anyone has any good references to a good family law lawyer in Dallas, please let me know. I have my step dad backing me and my x to fight this, they also see this as damaging to our son.

I will give you all another update, but this is a MONUMENTAL thing in my life to have family stand behind me, this hasn't happened in yrs. I just wanted to share this with you all.

I want to thank everyone again for being there for me when I have needed you. I was ready to go back to the thing I hate (stripping) to make sure my son wouldn't be abused by this woman. I was repremanded by my step father for not having confidence in his being willing to help me, but this is something I am not used to. I am trying to open my arms(heart&mind) to this new idea of relying on family again. It is new to me and something I wish I could just know is there, but it takes time. Years of knowing I couldn't count on anyone but myself is hard to re-program myself to believing.

I came to you all for support and I got it!!!!!!!! I thank you all for this (my new family), and to be able to be willing to believe in people again. You all have showed me so much love, the only way I can show you is to say thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesika

edited to add-------for those of you who don't know what I am talking about see this thread................

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44045&site=3

Thanx to those of you who saw this in the other forum. This was in the "personal experience" forum, I meant for it to be in friends............sorry.

jes

Edited by - jesika on 11 January 2003 4:0:27

Edited by - jesika on 11 January 2003 4:1:51

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Friends forum was the right forum because you were reaching out for friends and that's us Jesika. We're all your friends and we all love you.

We're here for you in support in all areas, love support, friendship support, financial support if neccessary, spiritual support, prayer support, whatever support we can possibly offer and afford, we're there for ya.

Keeping you in my thoughts Jes.

Yizuman

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( jesika and son ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Lin
    Lin

Jes, I have a great lawyer for you. I will email you directly with his name and number. He is a "kick ass" lawyer, and he did exactly that for me when the time came for it. :-)

• Lin
    Lin

Jes, you have mail! Like I said in the email, don't wait until Monday to call him. He has an answering service so call him today! (For those of you who don't know, Jes is my neice)

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

*huggggggsss* Jesika and son. We're here for you sis!

Much love, L

• Shakita
    Shakita

Jesika,

Take heart. From what I've read, the courts seldom rule in the favor of grandparents seeking visitation. As to trusting in family again, I know that is a hard thing to do when your own family treated you with such contempt. When the elders expected me to shun my own family, I in effect told them to jump off a cliff. I wasn't going to play their shunning games. I feel close to my daughter-in-law and my son-in-law and I would do anything to help them if they needed it.

My daughter-in-law and son-in-law's parents have been very severe in their dealings with their children. I feel that they are much more comfortable talking with us, their in-laws, rather than their own parents. That is sad, but my wife and I are always willing to help our daughter-in-law and son-in-law. We often talk with them about intimate, personal matters, because they are estranged from their own parents. We love them dearly. Families are not always related biologically. In my view, a family loves and cares deeply for one another despite not being genetically connected. That is why your stepdad reprimanded you. He loves you as intensely as he loves his own children and he doesn't want to see you get hurt. Keep your chin up Jes, everything will work out.

Mr. Shakita

• Lin
    Lin

Jes, I'm really happy to hear that he's offering to help you. We both know how he can be at times, personality wise, but I'm glad he's wanting and offering to help you. I understand too how difficult it is for you to trust, when you've been left out on the lurch so many times and having to just do for yourself. Believe me, I understand that all too well. Hand in there girl, it's gonna be ok. This lawyer I've told you about in email is a no nonsense type guy, and he don't play games with people. He knows the law through and through, so you can trust he'll do right by you and do what's best for Jesse. It's gonna be ok. Hugs....See ya tomorrow at 2:00! LOL

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Jesika,

I am so happy that is so great of your step-dad I hope you tromp her into the mud!!!!!!

Why don't you call him Pop, Poppa Father something that means what you want but not the bad associations!!!

Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hi Jes, it's great that you have the backing you do, someday maybe write a card to your stepdad and tell him why you can't call him dad, at least not yet. I think he would understand. Good Luck in the case, it sounds in your favor.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit