The Org is terrified of apostates

by SecretSlaveClass 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

I knew apostasy was a serious concern for the Org, but until I watched THIS video, I had no idea how afraid they actually were. All this guy wants is to do is not turn in his FS hours and immediately they (elders) set about drilling him about who are what influenced his decision, as if he was incapable of making his own (which as the elders confirm, in the Org is highly discouraged). They are convinced he has been communicating with apostates or visiting apostate web sites. Of course they also have to throw in the obligatory "Do you believe in the Fathful and Discreet Slave?"

All this over FS hours? Apostate sites are definitely affecting the Org in a profound way - they're shitting broken glass!

• tiki
    tiki
    Wow..haven't seen it ...in fact I categorically refuse to watch any of their bs videos...but this sounds pretty pathetic. With all those bazillion hours they report what difference does it really make if Joe pub doesn't comply? Like his pittance matters in the grand scheme of things..
  • Splash
    Splash
    It's all about control.
    They have to control you entirely and as soon as you look to be breaking that control because you see it for what it is, unscriptural, they are hard on your case.
  • quincemyles
    quincemyles

I was questioned last weekk for not turning in field service reports.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Well, I am glad they are terrified of Apostates.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Non-compliance of the reporting of hours automatically puts you under suspicion of "falling away" and becoming Apostate.

What a freakin' CULT!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just use "Theocratic Warfare" on them, turn in a report for a few fictitious hours.

Remember, now, if they use the loyalty question on you, then reply " I agree with Bro Geoffrey Jackson of the Governing body, as he said recently whilst under Oath, it would be presumptuous to ..............." add your own final phrase.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spot on wing commander!

Its not about the actual hours, it's about DOING what the org wants....

• Ding
    Ding

There can't be any legitimate reason for reducing your hours.

Must be apostasy...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Fear of schism is, in my opinion, at the heart of Watchtower disfellowshipping scheme.

In Rutherford's day he waited for the work of dissenters to go its course with a result that from the Spring of 1927 to the Spring of 1928 the Watchtower organization suffered more than an 80% decline in those associating with it. Then Knorr took over, with Fred Franz at his side just like he had been at the side of Rutherford.

Knorr and Franz decided it was better to take an initiative by removing dissenters on the front end rather than waiting to see how things settled out. This would mean immediate losses along the way, but hopefully avoid the sort of major schism that occurred in 1927-8. This initiative is what we know today as Watchtower's organized communal shunning program, better known internally as disfellowshipping/disassociation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit