Hi! Just a Newbie Here.

by auntiem 31 Replies latest jw friends

• auntiem
    auntiem

Hello Everyone!

I am new here. I have been looking for a place like this. Seems pretty cool. I am about 1.5 years inactive and have no plans to go back. I have been looking into other things though and using my God given brain to find out things on my own....."making sure of all things"....don't ya know!!!! I was a JW for about 18 years. My kids and I did the Xmas thing, just for fun to see what it was like. We had a blast. Ran into one of the cong. elders at the market yesterday and he said, "Oh, hi. We (the brothers) need to come and visit you soon". Well, I am thinking they have not visited me once since I left, why now? Heehee. I figure if they show up we will have a delightful conversation! Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

Love & Light To All,

aUnTiE M

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome! I'm glad you're here. One thing you should realize about that elder's comment is they might be preparing to discipline or even disfellowship you for celebrating Christmas. It may or may not be a problem for you, but you would be wise to be prepared for the visit.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

auntiem

Please enjoy your stay!

Yizuman

• Swan
    Swan

Hi Auntiem,

Ran into one of the cong. elders at the market yesterday and he said, "Oh, hi. We (the brothers) need to come and visit you soon". Well, I am thinking they have not visited me once since I left, why now?

The elders are checking up on everyone who is inactive to see if they are in or out. It seems a lot of inactive ones have started coming to apostate web sites and learning the truth about JWs, and they can't have that now, can they? As one couple in my area was told during their visit, "You're either for us or against us!" There is just no honorable way to leave.

But we are glad you are here!

Welcome!

Tammy

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Welcome, AuntieEm:)

Hope your "visit" is entertaining. I da'd last summer and gave no reason whatsoever for doing so-just left everyone scratching their heads in confusion:) I am lucky that my kids left the org before me (ant they weren't baptised), and my remaining family who was just studying bailed when I did, so I don't have to worry about the shunning thing.

You'll find this board really helpful.

Cicatrix

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome, welcome, welcome. There is alot of strength in talking to others that have had similiar experiences and speak the same language. Look forward to your posting.

Leslie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Auntiem,

Glad you could join us. If you're like me, you won't regret it. WELCOME! Enjoy.

• Danster1
    Danster1

WAD UP EVERYONE?!?!

This is my first time being here and posting sumthing up.

Ive been studying with JW's for awhile (about 6 or 7 years, but I wasnt born in the truth) Me, my lil bro, my lil sis, and my mother go to the meeting most of the time.

I attend in the book study (Isiah book) and theSunday meeting (WT & talk)...But i don't attend the TMS or go to field service. But I do enjoy attending to the meetings I go to. I have a bible study every week with an elder in the cong. I have no problems with the elders and the people of the congregation that IM attending NOW!

BUT THE CONG. THAT I ATTENDED BEFORE...was mostly full of hyprocites, two-faced, "fake" people. The cong. was mostly full of elderly people and there were absolutely no kids there except one.

Thats the reason why I left THAT cong.

Im still going to the meetings, but in a different congregation.

Well, I GTG...

BYE!

• LB
    LB

Welcome Auntiem. Many people here on this site got "reported" for celebrating the holidays this year. Princess was one of them and will be DFed for doing so. She and her husband had been inactive for 6 years without ever getting a single sheperding call. Imagine that. Only time they can come by is to bust your butt.

Hope it all works out for you. I DAed myself a few weeks back after being inactive for 3 years. It felt very good.

• shera
    shera

Welcome Auntiem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit