How long were you baptized until you left?

by YellowLab 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I'm interested to find out how long each of you were baptized until you decided to leave?

I was baptized December, 1989 and left six years later.

If only I didn't get baptized in the first place, then I could tell my family how wonderful the holidays were!

YellowLab

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

too damn long..........

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

A life time. 20 long years!!!!!

Leslie

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

10 years for me.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Baptized in 1975, age 14. Left 22 years later.

• gumby
    gumby

I was actually only baptized a couple seconds. Had I been baptised any longer I would have drowned. ( damn I'm funny )

I had been baptised for 26 years before I left. It would had been 30 years if I'd gotten baptised when I was younger but my dad stopped us from going to meetings for awhile.

Gumby

• Preston
    Preston

I was baptized October 1995 and left about 4 1/2 years later...I always find it difficult to place an exact time on when I really left because spiritually I was far gone before I stopped attending the meet'ns....Anyway, it was too damn long!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Only three years, thanks to the internet.

• LB
    LB

I was active for 3 years and started skipping some meetings at that point. About two years of in and out was enough and I finally left for good after a total of 5 years in.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

30 years.............ok, I'm a retard! I get pretty hard-headed when I put my mind to something, sometimes to my own detriment. Out 7 years now, thank god!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit