One for The Romantic

by kelpie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I asked her on a cold rainy day in February. She was crying and I was holding her. She blurted out "We're never going to get married!" Well a woman's tears are my kryptonite so I lifted her head and asked simply, "Would you marry me anyway?"

No, not the world's best or romantic, but it'll be 20 years in June. I'm married to the love of my life and I couldn't be happier.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    we were both 14 and he asked me to marry him in a Donald Duck voice.....and he was covered from head to toe with calamine lotion because he had poison oak....

ROFLMAO.....THATS funny!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awwww Kelps, how wonderful! I wish you all the best it sure sounds like you have a keeper!

When Craig and I started talking marriage we were on ICQ, then the phone, then ICQ, the phone, ICQ the phone........whew! Even from miles away he melted my heart (I still feel the same way when he looks into my eyes), we actually picked out my engagement ring from a jewlery store over the internet. He asked me if I really, I mean really liked it, of course I did! The next day he bought it.......he couldn't keep it a secret from me told me all about it how beautiful it was, something about how it fit me *blush* my beauty *blush*, he was like a little kid the night before X-mas! I had told him no matter what I wanted him to ask me on his bent knee, sheese he already knew the answer!

Then he planed a wonderful proposal and again was all giddy about it........he,hee I ended up guessing about the balloon ride, but he still managed to make it very special. He sent me the plane tickets to fly up to Oregon and had all the plans set even though it was cancled due to the weather on Sat. we were able to go on Sunday. The gondola was way to small for Craig to get on one knee and ask me, but he still took my breath away when he did pop the question! At one point I actually thought he was going to chicken out.......yikes! Even today he said he still feels "that feeling" he had while we were flying over the Willamette River and he proposed to me.........wow am I lucky or what?!!!

When I moved in with him the few weeks before our wedding with my son watching he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him as he put the band on my engagement ring, he really wanted to do that for me. <fanning myself> He is such a romantic without even trying he absolutely melts my heart day in and day out.

When Craig and I see a hot air balloon it brings back those special feelings for us and I'm sure it will for years to come........long story short make it memorable a special place that you both can always look back on. Maybe even go back to on anniversaries, the special part is always going to be your commitment to each other, the place brings it all back to mind.

Wow, I'm really excited for you and hope to hear the skinny on how things went. Once again my best wishes for you both!

Katie (of the hopelessly in love with a soppy sod class)

Edited by - bikerchic on 17 January 2003 0:31:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit