im giving up ciggies today help

by dannywalsh 23 Replies latest social physical

• dannywalsh
    dannywalsh

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS GUYS , I AM NOW ON THE PAtches AND HAVE NOT SMOKED SINCE 9.00 AM 02012002 UK TIME , I WENT TO GYM YESTERDAY AND FELT GREAT , THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS -DANNY LIVERPOOL UK

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hi Danny,

I quit smoking permanently over seven years ago. This was after many, many tries. Even now, on a rare occasion, I still crave it.

For me, having a cigarette is simple NOT AN OPTION. No matter what, I do not smoke. Period. In the beginning, there were days when every pore of my body would scream out for just one drag. I never lit up.

Sometimes, I cannot believe it's been seven years. And this is after 20 years! However, I was never a heavy smoker. But, I had my rituals and they were very hard to give up.

My step-father used the patch and gum to quit. It's been about 4 years for him.

I wish you well!

Andee

• outnfree
    outnfree

Danny,

Just wanted to add my cheers to the others! You are doing yourself and those who love you a BIG favour!

I tried to quit three times over several years before I finally did it cold turkey. I think it's important to have somebody you can contact day OR night when the cravings come. Sometimes just knowing that somebody is there to talk you out of lighting up is enough incentive not to blow your promise to yourself (and them!).

Good luck!

outn[free from slavery to cigarettes about 14 years now!]

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I found the gum helpful, of course I then had to give up the gum! I don't smoke any more, but I still LOVE the smell of cigarettes, damn them! (Had to quit 'cause of the asthma. Well done to all you quitters, don't give up giving up.

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit