My Message To You

by OrbitingTheSun 22 Replies latest jw friends

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

To many people, the New Year symbolizes hope--a chance to cast away that which has bothered us, and to cultivate all of the things we have dreamt about throughout the year (but never found the energy to do).

I both believe in and love the spirit of the New Year, but it is vital for us to remember that the hope we feel now is merely the result of a collective belief in ourselves and in each other.

There is no more opportunity on January 1st than there is on any other day of the year, yet we feel inspired and motivated to change our lives.

If there should be any resolution this New Year, we should resolve to focus on the possibility within each day...perhaps only a little bit (compared to the New Year), but by doing so I am sure that we would all be happier.

Having seen life through the distorted perspective of the WTBTS, it is so easy to lose hope in ourselves and in the people around us (that is what happens when one has been betrayed both in heart and in mind...) but after all I have experienced as a Jehovah's Witness, one thing remains--I love the human spirit and if anything has the potential to revive us, that is where it lies.

So, my message to everyone on this beautiful winter evening is to believe in yourself, not just tonight, tomorrow, or this month--but every day that you live. You owe it to yourself and everyone around you. And remember--every day is as meaningful as New Year's Day!

Love, Orbit

• Mac
    Mac

Orbit,

Beautiful post......words to live by!

mac

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

OrbitingTheSun,

Thanks for the beautiful post and a Happy New Year to you.

Will

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Orbit,Thanks for those words of inspiration.I'll be thinking about them long after the first day of 2003.Blueblades

• Prisca
    Prisca

Orbiting, you are beautiful inside and out.

Happy New Year to you!!

• Nikita
    Nikita

Excellent post Orbit!

Hope you have an awesome 2003!!

Nikita

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

((((((((((((((((((((ORBIT))))))))))))))))))))))

HAPPY NEW YEAR SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the nice post.

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

{{{Orbiting the Sun}}}}}

You continue to amaze me. What a beautiful post, and muchly needed, at least for me...

Thanks and mucho grande love,

laura

• Solace
    Solace

Orbit,

Happy new year hun!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Thank you Orbit.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

El K

Share this