Are There Good People Out There?

by LaurenM 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    Good is a broad word and means many things to different people. Jw good is not the same as my good. There are wonderful people out there. You need to take some time and get to know people without any religious morality.

This was sort of my point, though it obviously wasn't received well. I might add that I've also known JWs who were spendid people. On the other hand, I've run across a few $@&% up Disciples & Methodists too.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LaurenM:

"So, my thoughts are: are most wordly people like this guy?"

Are most of us apostates like that guy?

"Is it possible to find JW-like people in this world (minus the crazy, death to all sinners, god is judging you mentality)?"

Have you found them here?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Don't judge the entirety of humanity outside the cult based on one person. There is a rich variety of people out there, and if you're patient you'll definitely find some you will consider to be "good." At the same time, though, I would encourage you to keep an open mind. There are a lot of things that you've been told are wrong all your life that don't necessarily make someone a bad person.
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    Lauren, have you ever seen the movie, "The Matrix?"
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, love, peace and long-suffering are beautiful qualities to have. I have yet to find all of that 100% in a single human being, including myself. I think you will find it to varying degrees in different people.

I've found those qualities less in jws than in non-jws. jws are some of the worst people morally and personality-wise that I've ever met.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are plenty of people in the "world" with morals comparable and arguably far above JW's....TD

......................................Image result for Thumbs up

• stillin
    stillin

I agree that there are some benefits to growing up as a "good little Witness kid."

Having the strength to take a stand for something comes first to mind.

staying out of jail, another

not getting pregnant

after that, a person can make up their own mind

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    Having the strength to take a stand for something comes first to mind.

Uh yeah, just as long as taking that stand does not put you at odds with the elders.

Let's review: it's a cult.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    The problem is obvious. All she has ever known is the little bubble of the Org universe. She has no real life experience and it shows. She needs to realize that if you've been fed cheddar all your life and you're offered gorgonzola once not every other cheese besides cheddar is going to stink. You now know of two cheeses, are you going to discount all the others and stick to cheddar? If that's what you're comfortable with, fine but don't ever claim that you tried other cheese, one other one does not count.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Thanks everyone for your comments eo far! I do know that not all non-JWs are "bad". I guess it's just hard to get that mentality out of your head when you've been taught it for so long..and of course "bad" and "good" is a very relative thing..

It's understandable you get thoughts like that because you have been in a cult that uses mind control. It's hard for you to see it at this point, but they do a good job of making people doubt themselves and fear life outside the organization. They are like sound bites that go off in your head, "worldly people are all bad" "the Watchtower is the only safe place", etc. It takes years for this to go away completely. Just hang in there and give yourself some time to figure out who you are as a person and what you need in a partner. Once you do that you will be in a better position to know the right person when you find them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit