False Religion

by UnDisfellowshipped 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    Below is a list of "Christian" Religions and Teachers which, based on what I have read in the Scriptures, ARE NOT teaching Biblical Truth.

I welcome all questions and comments.

Jehovah's Witnesses
    Roman Catholics
    Mormons (Latter-Day Saints; LDS)
    Unification Church (Moonies)
    7th Day Adventists
    Oneness Pentecostals
    Christian Science
    Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)
    International Church of Christ (Oahu Church of Christ)
    Christadelphians
    Iglesia ni Christo
    Universal World Church (Hawaii Fellowship)
    True Jesus Church
    House of Yahweh
    Institute of Divine Metaphysical Research

Benny Hinn
    Arnold Murray
    Reinhard Bonnke
    Kenneth Copeland
    Jesse Duplantis
    TB Joshua
    Tommy Tenney
    Rod Parsley
    Fred Prices
    Dr. Christian Harfouche
    Bishop Spong
    Robert Schuller
    Norman Vincient Peale
    Rodney Browne
    Mike Murdock
    John Avanzini
    Creflo Dollar

I am sure there are many, Many, MANY more that I have missed.

• barry
    barry

Dear Undisfellowshipped,
    You must be quite an authority to know about all those churches. Im a 7 day Adventist and I wonder what type of 7 day Adventist you beleive doesnt preach the gospel. Some groups in the Adventist church are called catholic adventists because they beleive just like the catholics others do beleive the protestant gospel of righteousness by faith just as the protestant reformers did. Any discrepancies in teaching between denominations are covered by the blood of christ and the real church is all of those who trust in the merits of christ irrespective of there denomination. Barry

Edited by - barry on 30 December 2002 5:5:10

• Matty
    Matty

Biblical "truth" cannot be defined clearly else there would only be one Christian religion. So you believe that have all the answers? Well then that's great for you, I'm glad you are happy in your faith.

You must agree though that all the religions and people on your list consider that they have "truth" as well.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hello Barry,

The way that I determined the False Religions was by reading several different Websites which claimed to show the beliefs of different Religions, and comparing those beliefs with the Scriptures.

Here is one of the Websites that I got some of the 7th Day Adventist information from: http://www.macgregorministries.org/seventh_day_adventists/sda_index.html

I truly had no intention of misrepresenting 7th Day Adventists beliefs.

Could you please post an overview of what 7th Day Adventists believe -- because I definitely want to make sure that the information I have about 7th Day Adventists is correct.

If my info is wrong, I will immediately edit and remove 7th Day Adventists from the list above.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 30 December 2002 6:20:29

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 30 December 2002 6:22:35

• mike047
    mike047

UN: Who, in your opinion, IS teaching biblical "TRUTH"???

mike

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

UnDF'd:
    I made that mistake, in taking for granted what SDA believe, before chatting to Barry. I believed what the JW's had told me, and the few details I'd gleaned from one site. It appears there a a few flavours of this denomination.

Barry:
    I'd appreciate a run down of this, too, and it seems that you are best placed to do that

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

When I was a Witness I worked with a guy who was a 7th Day Adventist and he interestingly enough, was close friends with a number of Witnesses, had toured Bethel I believe, and he had attended meetings and associated with JWs for more years then I've been alive. One of the things that stood out, I thought, about his congregation was their view of the Sabbath and the strictness with which they hold it dear to themselves. My friend was a deacon in the SDA Church, but he didn't agree with some practices in his Church. He was openminded when talking with his Witness firends, but he felt that the Society was off base with the blood doctrine.

From my own research and from the support group I go to, it seems to me that EVERY congregation from ANY demomination has at least one practice or tendency or belief that may be considered abberational (depends on who you ask), but that doesn't mean that the particular religon or demonimation is bad...historically it's when others view a particular congregation of belivers as being way off base that they are no longer considered abberational but a cult....it all depends on the perspective and beliefs of the time.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no "perfect congregation" there's something wrong with every religion and congregation within, I think that God uses everyone seeking to serve him....but many get lead astray in that attempt. I know that God blessed me when I was a Catholic, when I was Epsicapalean (SP), as a Born-Again Chrisitain, and the later when I was a Witness and he's still blessing my efforts to serve him now too. "Try you best, and God will bless". hey that rymes.

Truth

• logical
    logical

i'll make it easier for you

here is a list of those religions that DO do stuff properly:

(end of list)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Logical,

That was exhaustive and truely comprehensive. Perhaps someone should do a brief synopsis of your detailed list so that the rest of us don't weary of reading and get eye strain.

caveman who may disagree but appreciates brevity and to-the-pointness

• barry
    barry

Dear Undisfellowshiped,
    That site you gave me is actually very factual and I would agree with the majority of the conclusions there but it represents Traditional Adventists. The Church is actually divided between Traditionals, Evangelicals and Theologically liberal groups the Evangelicals can be divided into two groups. An artical by the Christian Research Institute "From Controversy to Crisis is a good read http://web2.airmail.net/billtod/crisda.txt . A link for the official teachings of SDAs is http://brooklawn.org/Beliefs.htm and as an evangelical Adventist my main departure from this document revolves around the heading "Christs Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary" it is interesting to note that the witnesses copyied this doctrine from the Adventists the Adventist version being the date 1844 the witness version 1914. The reason for my dissention here is it interferres with the gospel and is the root of the Adventist perfectionism taught by the traditionals. Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit