Eagles-Home Field Advantage throughout playoffs

by ashitaka 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

XW,

You should have seen the guys watching that game. Lets just say, they went through a few more 12 packs than usual.

Have fun on your most excellent adventure in MN this weekend!

Careful guys, XW had been known to Cheesify her surroundings.

Edited by - heaven on 1 January 2003 1:19:44

• WTLies
    WTLies

THE BIRDS RULE AND THE PACKERS DROOL LOL JUST KIDDING WE PHILLY FANS LOVE THE PACKERS .........UH NOW THAT IS LOL it was so gracious of them to get clobbered just so we could get the #1 status we so rightly deserve

Now what about Tampa Bay did they win if so that would force Green Bay to play a wild card game instead of getting a first round bye. Wow what a devistating drop, to go from possibly getting home field throughout to just bearly makeing the playoffs!

When the Eagles open their new stadium next year the city should sell Veterens Stadium to the JW's. I'd rather see them have it then to see it destroyed. It should be a protected landmark. I love the Vet.

Anywy GO EAGLES

• Funchback
    Funchback

Ah! Finally there is a thread that represents my hometown and my favorite team! (GO EAGLES!).

In the "Superbowl" thread, I said:

Here's how everything should pan out in week 17 for the NFC: The Packers have not been impressive during their last six games, despite going 4-2. They go into a hostile Meadowlands this Sunday against a desperate New York Jets team. The Jets will win by at least 10 points. (Was I dead-on with this prediction, or what???)

However, I also said:

The Eagles face the same exact scenario the day before except they will play the Giants. Unlike the Pack, however, the Eagles have looked impressive in their last six games (all wins and five straight with their back-up QBs, including 4 straight with their third stringer QB). The Eagles will win this game by 4. It will be an ugly, low scoring affair. (I got the winner wrong but I was correct with the other stuff. I guess I let my biasness with the Birds make my prediction for an Eagle win).

Atlanta will lose @ Cleveland (Right on, again!). New Orleans will win at home vs. Carolina (Dead wrong with this prediction). Thus, Atlanta and New Orleans will be going to the Playoffs (Half right, half wrong). Regarding Tennessee, they are on a tear right now and they are ticked that they have no one going to the Pro Bowl. They are on a mission (Still right withthis one). I just think that Oakland is the most experienced team in the AFC and it appears as though Deon Sanders will be joining them for the Playoffs. Still, Deon may not be a major factor. (Turns out that San Diego played their politics card and blocked the Deon signing with Oakland).

Clarification: If the Packers lose and the Bucs win, then the Bucs will regain the first round bye and Green Bay will have to host the Wild Card game. The Bucs are going into Chicago to play a very bad Bears team. The temperature will be well under 40. Look for the Bucs to finally snap their drought of not winning in the cold (Got it right!). So, the Bucs WILL get the first round Bye. Green Bay will host the Wild Card. (Got this one right, too!)

My apologies to the NY Giants and any of you Giants fans for thinking that they would not make the Playoffs.

So, here are my first round Playoff predictions (as if any of you care...LOL!):

Colts 23, Jets 15 (The Jets had their Super Bowl vs. the Packers).

Packers 21, Falcons 17 (I have a hunch that Atlanta may pull the upset but you can't root against the Pack at Lambeau).

Steelers 27, Browns 21 (The 'Stillers' storybook fantasy will not end this week).

Giants 17, 49ers 14 (This is the hardest one to try to pick. The Giants have momentum but the Niners have Terrell Owens back AND home field advantage. But, the 49ers have looked flat lately).

Watch: I'll probably get them all wrong! LOL!

Okay, folks. I'm starting another thread for week-by-week predictions. Feel free to add your scores and reasonings to the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit