UK TV--next monday 24th aug---channel 5-----9 pm--escaping the witnesses

by stan livedeath 33 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    just see it advertised on TV--with photo of our friend from south wales
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Nice! Is there a way to record it and share it?
  • ListlessWitness
  • ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness
    It will probably be on 5 on demand after airing, hope so anyway.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Thanks for the heads up Stan but I'm not sure I'd be telling my JW family about this one, Channel 5 are notoriously sensational. If it puts the public off then fine . .
  • freddo
    freddo

Brilliant. Channel 5 is national in the UK - not in the league of BBC1 or BBC2 or ITV but very good to "mention" to mainstream dubs. Shame its title isn't a bit more subtle!

Just looked at the schedule and it says Inside Scientology and Escaping The Witnesses. So maybe half hour of each.

If its our friend Sewell I think that's the one that the UK WT got sued over for about £700.000? Anyone confirm ...

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I love that people are mentioning scientology and the JWs in the same breath. Even if people don't watch the thing, that's sure to leave a (well deserved) negative impression of the JWs on the minds of any normal person that sees it.
  • krejames
    krejames
    Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely catch this :)
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

btt ..just seen this in next week's t v guide ..U K Channel 5 , free to air on all t v's , Monday 24th August 9 pm

Documentary telling the stories of three people whose lives were turned upside-down by their beliefs and who ended up convinced that they were trapped in cults. With first-hand testimony from the women - one an ex-Scientologist, the other two former Jehovah's Witnesses - and input from experts, the programme looks at what it is like to devote oneself to these powerful religious movements and examines the pressure they felt to conform to the groups' rules, and how difficult they found it when they eventually decided to leave
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

One to watch a BB ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit