God's Purpose Soon to Be Realized: WT idiocy

by Focus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Farkel,

That being said, you of course, are free to do it "your way."

LOL, I always do Farkel!!

Good "seeing" you, and have a Happy New Year! You too Alan, Happy New Year and Happy New Year to everyone else on this thread, except Focus of course.

By the way Focus, I don't care for "olive branches", too easily broken and meaningless. But hey, I really like the "Daughter-Harlot Class" title though! Thanks. It does fit.

IW

• AlanF
    AlanF

Happy New Year to you, too, IW! And to everyone else!

: My comment about gender was not about having insight by the way, but referred to the fact that men think differently than women and they therefore probably have a better feel for how their counterparts in the Watchtower are thinking.

But the latter half of your comment is precisely what the former half means. Having "a better feel for how" the men of the GB think is described precisely by your reference to "having insight" into their thinking. Note what you said in your earlier post:

::: I fully recognize that men know men, men know how to deal with men, men know how other men think. So, while I will continue to express a differing opinion when I have one, I do recognize that you may know how to deal with the Watchtower men better than I do.

Knowing "how other men think" is "having insight" into their thinking. If this "having insight" is due simply to someone being a male, then it is by definition gender based.

Now, it is possible that you mean something other than what your written words say. If so, please explain.

: Personally, I would take the high road with the Watchtower and when appropriate attack from within.

I try to be all things to all JWs.

: Women do not always have the luxury of an overt attack, we are though quite good at using Trojan Horses.

That is certainly an effective strategy when used properly.

: I know, not making much sense here but what the hell, the IW name is not here to always make sense.

No comment.

: Looking forward to the demise of the Watchtower as we have all known it. Looking forward to a lot of things.

Same here.

Donkey, I was not referring to you. Should I have been?

Focus, I agree completely with your comments on the Society's amoral shenanigans and greed.

AlanF

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Alan,

On a previous post you wrote:

I don't know that gender has much to do with it, since some of my best insights into WTS lunacy have come from women.

This I feel it where the confusion has come in. When I made my comments about men being able to understand other men better than women can understand men it was just that, a man verses man thing. Just as women being women, understand what it feels like to be a woman and in turn can understand easier than men what women feel and how their thinking works, so xJW men have an advantage over women when it comes to understanding the men in the Watchtower.

You comment above added a dimension that was not included in my first remark about this subject, you added "best insights into the WTS lunacy" when I never spoke of "insights into the Watchtower" but of men being able to understand men and their thinking. Just a simple statement and I did just mean what my written words said.

As for insights into the Watchtower every xJW here by experience in that Org. has many insights that are shared among us all.

Well, I hope this clears things up a little.

IW

Edited by - IslandWoman on 28 December 2002 14:39:21

• Focus
    Focus

And so the god of Progressive Revelation shows us how matters have progressed since this resurrected thread was started, and the Generation of 1914, who within but a few months (October - always October, Brothers!) will be a minimum of one century old each.

2014 - 1914 = 100

Though what a newborn babe could understand, I wonder, since the WTS have said - about the elastic Generation - that they would have had to be mature enough to understand what they were observing.

The Disgusting Thing of scripture, the Beast of Revelation, has published much based on those momentous events of 1914.

These, prior to 1915, were broadcast by The Watchtower as marking the very end of the time of trouble - a bit weird, when the world's worst-ever-conflict to date, World War I, broke out in 1914; more soldiers died in WW I than even in WW II. Later, with typical deceit, Russell and Rutherford & Co. changed what was claimed the "Society" had been predicting for 1914.

Let us strive together to put The Evil Old Whore out of her misery, before she adds more millions to the many millions whose lives she has malevolently blighted.

__

Focus

("Retribution" Class)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

114 years old to be exact for the original generation had to be old enough to understand the events that occurred in 1914 so they were about 14-15 years of age in the year 1914.

• Splash
    Splash

Good thread. 1914 is the bastard prophecy that WT would love to bury.

The faux love being shown to it will soon pass.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit