Satan Claus

by SwedishChef 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

Undisfellowshipped- If you want to get technical about the existence of jesus the bible refers to him being the first born of all creation so that would put his time of birth to nothing we can fathom.True he was raised on the 3rd day according to scripture but then only showed his presence to his followers .The facts are that he died in regards to a human existence so to try to celebrate his birth to a human existence is pointless.He was not born on dec.25, 2002. Based on what I've read he does not want you to view him as an infant in a manger but rather a mighty king who is ruler of heaven and earth . SS- It's apparent that must be what I need to do to understand your point of view since rational reasoning is pointless.

• rem
    rem
    I wouldn't have near as much of a problem with Santa Claus, if parents would explain to children that it is a make-believe story.

I wouldn't have near as much of a problem with god if parents would explain to children that it is a make-believe story.

rem

• flower
    flower

LOL rim..my point exactly.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

In response to the Santa Clause thing, heres my two cents:

Yes, i partially agree with others that much importance is given to Santa this time of year, when the Christian Focus should be on our Great God and Saviour. Even though he probably wasnt born on Dec.25th, So what? Does that void christians of their responsibility of remembering the Greatest Gift ever given? And yes, he should be worshipped 365 days a year, but dont give me that line about it being wrong to lie to your kids about Santa. Most of us who were JW's used that same line, but we didnt refrain from telling them that Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck wasnt real. I think comparing Santa to Satan is definately stretching things quite a bit. Maybe for unbelievers kid's he is a distraction from Jesus,(somebody to hope in) but to believers kid's who are constantly reminded of the ransom, he is not. I would hope most kids old enough to understand something about the importance of Jesus, could tell the difference between Christs ultimate sacrifice, and a few toys.

• donkey
    donkey
    Yes, i partially agree with others that much importance is given to Santa this time of year, when the Christian Focus should be on our Great God and Saviour

Ahh, so Focus is a Christian?

lmAo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit