Article in New Yorker magazine

by InquiryMan 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I guess this article will be appreciated within the JW community, being on the positive side when discussing blood transfusion. It is the first of three articles to be published in that prestigious magazine.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-jehovahs-witnesses-are-changing-medicine

• cappytan
    cappytan

Look at this ridiculous quote:

"Everything about us is carried in our blood," said Ortiz. "Our personality, our sickness, all the good things about us. It's who we are. It's our soul."

WTF? Do they even hear themselves? Our personality?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing!

Cappytan
    WTF? Do they even hear themselves? Our personality?

Where the Org gets these delusions from is beyond me.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I wonder how much of someone else's 'personality' you can get from blood fractions...careful, whoever donated it probably celebrated Christmas!!
  • pixel
    pixel

"Everything about us is carried in our blood," said Ortiz. "Our personality, our sickness, all the good things about us. It's who we are. It's our soul."

Fu#&! do they still believe this?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I saw a recent blood article flaunted by dubs that referred to blood as a liquid organ. Yet organ transplants are a conscience decision

At the end of the day, the ONLY reason dubs prohibit blood is cause "the bible" (their interpretation) tells them too

thats it

they can try to sound all sciencey and medically but it's all smoke and mirrors.

When science disagrees with God they reject science, when it agrees they applaude it. They only do what they're told by God=GB

• steve2
    steve2

I can't wait for the New Yorker to feature an article on bloodless treatment for massive blood volume losses typically found in Emergency Departments where immediate blood transfusions are incontrovertibly and uniquely life-saving.

If a blood ban were to be implemented in Emergency Departments the savings would be immediate and significant. There'd be zero costs from no longer needing storage facilities for blood AND from not needing blood supplies, physical trauma victims would require less ongoing medical treatment because they would inevitably soon after arrival in ED due to massive loss of blood volume, and fewer medical clinicians would be needed.

Yes, savings all round. But it would be worth it: Loss of life in the service of cutting health medicine costs - coming soon to an Emergency Department near you.

Oh, and an article on the hypocrisy of JWs who would refuse to donate blood but whose consciences conveniently allow them to utilize medical treatments that contain blood derivatives such as Factor X, the vital blood-clotting agent for the life-saving treatment of hemophilia.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    I went to give blood for the first time not so long ago. It pleased me to think that somewhere out there may be Jdub carrying around some of my apostate personality. If they're so convinced it works like that, I hope I get a thank you card for waking them up some day.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm shocked that a respectable magazine would print this tripe.

Is there a JW working in the editorial dept?

Doc

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I am with you DOC! This is my all time favorite magazine and I have been a subscriber for years. What the hell are they printing this sh** for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit